Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Buggy Q--FW or 3rd party adapter

Having big problems with my Q..FW 1.10 works fine with 3rd party OM adapter,but when 02 zoom goes back on will not focus,locks up,turns off ...sometimes I can get a few shots but then it locks,tried reset many times..think maybe the adapter is doing something? anyone having similar problems? or maybe its the FW ..but had worked for a month after FW
is there any 'hard' reset for the Q? think if anyone has a service manual out there..my feeling its something with the focus system,as turning AF assist light on or MF mag on it gets worse? could the OM adapter have shorted out something---I took it off without turning off the camera a few times??
Thanks for any ideas...
Q-less(pun intended)

03-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did you update the firmware for the lens as well? Can't say that is the problem but it's a start. You can always install the firmware again and restore factory settings just to be sure it isn't something you have done.
03-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
Did you update the firmware for the lens as well? Can't say that is the problem but it's a start. You can always install the firmware again and restore factory settings just to be sure it isn't something you have done.
hi how to update lens FW?
03-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Lens firmware updates are posted here, starting with 01, 02:
Downloads & Literature - PENTAX Imaging USA

03-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ScooterMaxi Jim Quote
Lens firmware updates are posted here, starting with 01, 02:
Downloads & Literature - PENTAX Imaging USA