Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #16

I've only recently started shooting Pentax film bodies and have grown my lens collection. I told my wife about the current price of the K-01 (and realize she has all Nikon DSLR gear) and she wanted it for herself!! Ordered the 2 lens K-01 kit. Should be here tomorrow!

04-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by juanrmag Quote
I've only recently started shooting Pentax film bodies and have grown my lens collection. I told my wife about the current price of the K-01 (and realize she has all Nikon DSLR gear) and she wanted it for herself!! Ordered the 2 lens K-01 kit. Should be here tomorrow!
Congratulations. Your film lenses will soon take over your K-01. Enjoy.
04-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Congratulations. Your film lenses will soon take over your K-01. Enjoy.
I expect them to, as well.
Was initially only going to order the body only. Sorta wish we ordered the kit with the 40mm pancake. Oh, well.
04-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I expect them to, as well.
Was initially only going to order the body only. Sorta wish we ordered the kit with the 40mm pancake. Oh, well.
Give it a go, and if then you decide that you really want a 40 then the XS goes for $175ish and the Ltd a bit more around here.

04-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You should just order a second one, that way you won't have to share with your wife. I just ordered another tripod for that reason.....
04-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Definitely get your K-x cleaned by Pentax. I bet it will only be $100. Even if you no longer want the K-x, you won't be able to sell it in bad repair.
04-15-2013, 04:18 AM   #22
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice. Luckily I waited a a few weeks and then grabbed one of the last black bodies from Adorama at $249 last week! What a steal! I just did a search and noticed they are not selling the K 01 bodies anymore....am thinking they might have a fire sale on the K 01 - 40 xs combo at some time soon to get rid of all of the stock....

Played a little with a Tamron 28-75 and a 90 mm (non DI very old model) and was pretty happy. The firmware upgrade to 1.03 made a huge difference in autofocus!
Can't wait to try the 40 and 77 on this baby.

Happy shooting!

(Yes, planning to get the white storm trooper (Kx) cleaned...)

04-16-2013, 05:00 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lkjr Quote
Luckily I waited a a few weeks and then grabbed one of the last black bodies from Adorama at $249 last week! What a steal!\
Same here! Goes well with my white pandatrooper. Even thought about getting a yellow one but would rather put that money towards whatever Pentax announces next.
04-16-2013, 08:59 PM - 1 Like   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Man, buy a yellow K-01, stick that FA 77 on there, and LIVE
I bought the yellow one from adorama it's my favorite color
04-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lkjr Quote
Can't wait to try the 40 and 77 on this baby.

Congrats !
Trouble with the 77 is I don't want to take it off
04-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #26

I've got a yellow one - just couldn't resist and since I wanted a nice body for my manual Pentax glass collection anyway, it wasn't so hard.
04-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LaserGuidedTaco Quote
I bought the yellow one from adorama it's my favorite color
Yep, I got my yellow K01 from Adorama and the 77 limited is stuck right on there. I like it and it looks nice too!
04-23-2013, 06:03 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was an impulse buy for me. I saw the prices, and I realized my K100D is starting to look kind of old, so I went for it.

At first I wanted to get the black one from Adorama, but it appeared that they sold out just as I was getting ready to pull the trigger. They did still have yellow. I tried to order through their website, but couldn't get it to work for me. Then I tried calling but couldn't get anyone on the phone. They must have been having some sort of problems that day.

I checked the B&H site, and they still had both yellow and black bodies for only a little more. Oddly, the yellow was cheaper than the black. On a whim I decided to get the yellow one and put the difference towards a bright yellow carry strap. The (relatively) subdued-and-dignified black is more my typical style, but the yellow is growing on me. At least it'll be easy to find when I lay it down.

I've got an old Vivitar 19mm lens on it now. It's a great looking lens, compact, solidly built, seemingly made for the K-01. (It's too bad the image quality is such rubbish: soft and bleary, lots of CA, poor contrast and rampant flare. It really belongs almost in the "toy lens" category.) I was in town yesterday with this combo and somebody passing on the sidewalk said, "I like your camera." Just like that. Maybe Marc Newson was onto something after all?

Until now I've been making do with a hodgepodge of old-and-cheap lenses. Now I've got an itch to see what this camera can do with a modern, high-spec lens, so I put in my order for a Pentax 21mm Limited.
04-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony Belding Quote
It was an impulse buy for me. I saw the prices, and I realized my K100D is starting to look kind of old, so I went for it.

At first I wanted to get the black one from Adorama, but it appeared that they sold out just as I was getting ready to pull the trigger. They did still have yellow. I tried to order through their website, but couldn't get it to work for me. Then I tried calling but couldn't get anyone on the phone. They must have been having some sort of problems that day.

I checked the B&H site, and they still had both yellow and black bodies for only a little more. Oddly, the yellow was cheaper than the black. On a whim I decided to get the yellow one and put the difference towards a bright yellow carry strap. The (relatively) subdued-and-dignified black is more my typical style, but the yellow is growing on me. At least it'll be easy to find when I lay it down.

I've got an old Vivitar 19mm lens on it now. It's a great looking lens, compact, solidly built, seemingly made for the K-01. (It's too bad the image quality is such rubbish: soft and bleary, lots of CA, poor contrast and rampant flare. It really belongs almost in the "toy lens" category.) I was in town yesterday with this combo and somebody passing on the sidewalk said, "I like your camera." Just like that. Maybe Marc Newson was onto something after all?

Until now I've been making do with a hodgepodge of old-and-cheap lenses. Now I've got an itch to see what this camera can do with a modern, high-spec lens, so I put in my order for a Pentax 21mm Limited.
Congratulations on the K-01, and for getting the "right" color My Yellow K-01 puts more smiles on faces than even my Q and that makes the photos better IMHO. Enjoy your 21 too, don't have that one but all the Limiteds I have are terrific little lenses.