Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2013, 02:29 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Sorry Sledger Sir, but here are the links to buy one - approx. $ 14 each. But you should be able to get a Wireless one for as low as $ 9 on eBay. I have also attached a "How to use video from Vimeo". Even all the major camera stores like Adorama, B&H, Amazon com sell them.

Wireless Shutter Release 4 Pentax K5 K 5 K7 K100D K110D | eBay

Wireless Shutter Release for Pentax MZ 6 MZ L ZX L Pentax K5 | eBay

Camera Wireless Remote Control Shutter Release for Canon EOS Pentax Samsung | eBay

Remote Control Wireless Shutter Release for Pentax K10D K110D K100D K20D | eBay

Camera Wireless Remote Control Shutter Release for Pentax K10D K110D K200D K20D | eBay

C1 Wireless Shutter Release for Pentax K200D KM CS205 Remote Switch Shutter | eBay

Timer Shutter Release Remote Cord for Pentax K20D K10D K110D K100D 7001 | eBay

Wireless Shutter Release for Pentax ist D DS DS2 DL DL2 K10 Remote Switch Shutt | eBay

Wireless Remote Shutter Release for Pentax K 7 K 5 K 200 K 100 | eBay

Good Luck & Happy Shopping

07-19-2013, 04:25 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you nanhi, but I'm afraid you don't quite understand the point of this thread.
This thread is about the K-01 camera (or Q) which has no shutter release input socket, if it did I would use the cable release that I already have.

I was hoping you were referring to something I had missed because I have seen those wireless devices you supply links to, but as these are of no use whatsoever on the K-01 they are of no interest to me.
Thanks for your time.
Regards.
07-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sledger Sir, this is my final attempt at giving you a simple solution for your K-01. Please see the attached photos. You can buy the 1/8” thick by ½” wide and 3ft long aluminum strip at Lowes. Get the tripod mount hot shoe adapter from evil bay, and the mechanical cable release from a Mom & Pop Camera Store near you or from eBay again.

The cable release has a special tapered thread - see diagram. To cut the threads on one side of the aluminum strip, use an M3 x 0.5 Tap size for the closest match with the tapered thread on the shutter release. You get almost a full turn of locking of the tapered thread in the aluminum strips tapped hole. I am sure you can manage the pretty easy DIY steps.

Stick some tape or soft plastic piece with double sided scotch tape on the shutter button to prevent scratches.
You can also attach a rubber boot or a pencil eraser to the mechanical cable firing pin so that it does not scratch the shutter button.

I am sorry for not giving up so easily, as I am a master mechanic, a DIY enthusiast myself and a retired advisor, world's largest conglomerate.
My humble Regards.

Last edited by nanhi; 12-17-2013 at 06:49 AM.