Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
Veteran Member

k7 magic lantern guide

Why is it so hard to find the magic lantern guide for the K7 without spending an arm and a leg

09-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Moved to proper area. What do you consider an arm and a leg? If you are going by the price on Amazon, I believe there is an error in the decimal place, as I've never seen these go for more than $20 when new. Contact Amazon and ask them.
09-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's a conspiracy from Pentax K-7 owners in the postal system I tells yuh!

I've bought three from eBay and none have arrived (one seller said they posted a second one when the first didn't arrive). When that didn't arrive, they refunded the money.

With the second seller, it went on too long (they were going to send another but it never happened) that I couldn't do anything about it as it went past the eBay 90 day limit so I'm down A$28.

On the plus side, I recently bought a couple of other Ken Burian Pentax books at a bookshop closing down sale at reasonable price so I should advertise them here. I have no need for them but bought them in case others might. I only want what I paid for them.
09-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Isn't the K-5 identical in controls, menus, and usage? (obviously the sensor is different).

Therefore, wouldn't a K-5 ML guide be a perfect substitute?

09-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Aegon Quote
Isn't the K-5 identical in controls, menus, and usage? (obviously the sensor is different).

Therefore, wouldn't a K-5 ML guide be a perfect substitute?
There is no such animal. A Magic Latern guide was never written for the K5, with K5 owners opting to buy the K-7 version instead.
09-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Not sure what such manuals would be useful for. But the K7 manual does cost an arm and a leg because it is out of print and people who buy K5 are looking for this manual instead, so the price gets jacked up. Basically the law of consumer demand.

An alternative e-book is available here. But I have never used it. A sample download is available so you can check for yourself.
PENTAX DSLRs: The instruction manual that should have come with the Pentax K-5. Maybe this is it.
09-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I have Yvon's guides for the K100D and the K-7.