Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
01-15-2016, 01:44 AM   #61

16-20mp foveon sensor (most ppl never need more)
evf
built in focal reducer(menu that dials in flange focal distance)
ICS
17mm flange focal distance
m39 threads
apsc
quick dial for B&W filters (front right under lens if u are facing the lens) for left hand b&w on the fly swap
2 quick dials on top both programmable(one can be standardized but changeable)
magnesium alloy body
mil standard dust drop

sell a m39/ Leica M mount helicoid (makes every M/LTM lens macro)
sell a m39/k-mount helicoid with shutter for 150$ (makes every k-mount lens macro)

Last edited by xerxal; 01-15-2016 at 01:58 AM.
02-24-2016, 08:09 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I have an a6000 as well, but it usually stays home in favour of the K-3 due to SR, WR and a much better lens selection. I have some pretty fine lenses for the both systems, but I'd gladly walk away from Sony if Pentax would deliver a similar body to the A6000, preferably with an AF adapter for K-mount lenses.

The Sony Zeiss 16-70mm f4 got a pretty awful review at Photozone, rated 1.5 stars, vs. 3.5 stars for the Pentax 17-70. I believe 1.5 stars is unreasonably harsh, but there's no denying the 16-70 gives up edge and corner sharpness in favour of small size. I still want one, but I'm not willing to pay $1000 for it.
I find some of my favorite lenses aren't favorites of Photozone. There may or may not be denying that corner sharpness is an issue, because it has never been an issue for me. I do not see it as an issue as much as the much larger DA17-70 which I have used for many years. When I first shot with the Zeiss, my reaction was that this is exactly what I had wanted from the DA17-70. Maybe I should shoot some brick walls and see if I am disappointed.

I I'd not pay $1,000. I bought mine without US warranty for $600. Still pricey.
03-01-2016, 09:46 AM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I came from smaller compact almost semipro backup cameras, and I used to photograph with Ricoh Caplio GX200 ( actually two of winner images here on forum are from that camera )

Then I purchased Olympus Pen E5, which is very small camera. yet very powerfull. Olympus spoiled me. The kit lens was superb, focus also. IQ also.

But I was going to buy much more "serious camera", larger APSC sensor, and I settled down with pEntax K3, which is prety compact dslr, specially with smaller lens. . ( but heavy )

After some time of using my Pentax,
I found my old intuition to be true. Smaller cameras are just so fu...n fun and easy to use, almost every piece of your mind is in scene, not in big dslr camera, which is case when you use some of big dslr boys.

From the very first time when I had an intuition for that feel for smaller cams, and till now,

many new compact cameras hit the market, and area I'm personally interested. Fuji is big surprise, and new player on the field..
Sony..also,
Panasonic and Oly are very limited with sizes of their sensors, but I believe they manage somehow. Oly just releasd PEN F, with 20 Mpix, and I was and I'm still very satisfied with PEN E5 with 16 Mpix.

---

But I still await for Pentax also. K01 was not so much my thing, I loved design, but perfomence was not so impressive to order one.

Since my first camera was Ricoh, I would love to see something new on that mirrorless field.

As I said in title of the post,

there is no reason to have an pentaprism, or optical viewfinder via mirror, not today. It's like unusable harwer. It will be gone at many DSLR, from now on.

It will be like touchscreen vs keyboards in smartphones. Who need keyboard, when screen can do everything. It's just cost money, and have more parts to be produced, and assembled in finaL product
Certainly, we can say how much comfortable was keyboards vs screens in text input,
but we cannot avoid the fact, they gone over night, almost forever.

Same thing will hit DSLR-s cameras, and systems will be all mirrorless

Last edited by panonski; 03-01-2016 at 10:10 AM.
08-31-2016, 12:39 PM   #64
Death89

I'm keeping an eye on k-01 prices as I'd like one to have as a backup and something I can hand to family that they'll be familiar with. I'd definitely like a sequel with on sensor PDAF and better video, give or take the EVF.

Love my K-50 for the reasons panonski likes smaller cameras, I find out fun and engaging. I see the a6000 as interesting, the qs1 also looks cool, but would rather have one system of lenses to build. Not two or three.

A weather sealed, sensor PDAF, K mount mirrorless would be perfect for me, a K-070 if you will...

08-31-2016, 02:13 PM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panonski Quote
It will be like touchscreen vs keyboards in smartphones. Who need keyboard, when screen can do everything. It's just cost money, and have more parts to be produced, and assembled in finaL product
Certainly, we can say how much comfortable was keyboards vs screens in text input,
but we cannot avoid the fact, they gone over night, almost forever.

Same thing will hit DSLR-s cameras, and systems will be all mirrorless
Funny the keyboard analogy... Typically one much, much more efficiant with keyboard/mouse than touch.You type faster sure, but you also have lot of keyboard shortcuts. The big screen real estable also allows to display many more things

Power Users, programmers, people working on documents or doing any advanced editing (including photo) require something more advanced than touchscreen on smartphone/tablet. Even just for browsing, a computer much more efficiant.

Tabled/smartphones are great for simple interrections like reading information/casual gaming... texting and taking phone call.

So assuming the analogy is accurate, that mean EVF for consumer grade and OVF for pros. That mostly currently the case. But I'am not sure it be like that foreever.

The only downside of EVF really is the quality of the display compared to reality through a pentaprism, but they also productivity gains to it: seeing real exposure, seeing real dof, having things like focus peaking and more advanced information displayed in the view finder... I don't see the same level of drawbacks as we have on touch.

Last edited by Nicolas06; 08-31-2016 at 02:18 PM.
08-31-2016, 11:46 PM   #66
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas:
I don't see the same level of drawbacks as we have on touch.
neither do I

I hate touchscreens, because I was never able to type without looking in to them, and when I'm driving, it's usefull to have old keyboard and type without even looking into the screen.

Analogy is made, because some people think, how OVF is much for PRo, and how much is more valuable over EVF, and that's just not true,
so I made an example.

In Photokina 2016, and this will be in just couple of weeks, we will see probably more PRO mirrorless then ever before... Even Nikon is going into this direction, Canon also.
This is not just a some stupid trend,

it's more convinient, and more efficient way to get your job done, and for companies it's more efficient way to make profit.
It's a WIN WIN