Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Dear Pentax/Ricoh

Pleas make(update) yor APS-C mirorless camera. Q is qute and fun but, I think it's time to update big one, because K0-1 is two years old.

04-03-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Yeah, I'd like to see them have a new mirror-less camera, and keep the K-mount.

Last edited by disconnekt; 05-22-2014 at 02:29 PM.
04-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #3

Sometimes I wonder if programmed obsolescence is something we bring upon ourselves voluntarily.
04-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hooverfocus Quote
Sometimes I wonder if programmed obsolescence is something we bring upon ourselves voluntarily.
sure, but when i look at new not Pentax cameras i want them...

04-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #5
Pentaxian

It's the hunter/gatherer in us that wants only 'fresh' catches.
05-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #6
Site Supporter

they need to make k-02 with phase detect. I like the shape and size of the k-01 so don't change that

---------- Post added 05-22-14 at 01:08 PM ----------

also they could gear the K-02 to video makers and I think they'd have a winner
05-23-2014, 06:56 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Also add an EVF. The new one on the Fuji is better than the OVF on my K5 and with focus peaking ( should be easy with EVF ) and K5 type controls....... I can't wait
05-23-2014, 08:15 AM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Basie Quote
Also add an EVF. The new one on the Fuji is better than the OVF on my K5 and with focus peaking ( should be easy with EVF ) and K5 type controls....... I can't wait

I would make it an optional EVF. One you can add or remove if you want (like Nikon V3)

05-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shaolen Quote
I would make it an optional EVF. One you can add or remove if you want (like Nikon V3)
Or better pop up EVF like sony RX100mk3 has.
05-27-2014, 11:53 PM - 1 Like   #10

The camera I, and probably many, want is a retro-styled mirrorless camera. Perhaps call it the 'Pentax Limited', styled like the LX or MX classic cameras. I'm thinking something kind of in the vein of the Fujifilm X-Pro 1. It would ideally have a high quality body meant to match the limited lenses, EVF, and be as compact as possible. I've always been baffled as to why Pentax has yet to make a camera like this, especially when many other companies are doing well with cameras in this vein. The limited lenses are the perfect match for this.

Oh well, I do have a Ricoh GR, so hard to be underwhelmed with anything in the way of photography equipment these days.
05-28-2014, 12:41 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by messthetics Quote
The camera I, and probably many, want is a retro-styled mirrorless camera. Perhaps call it the 'Pentax Limited', styled like the LX or MX classic cameras. I'm thinking something kind of in the vein of the Fujifilm X-Pro 1. It would ideally have a high quality body meant to match the limited lenses, EVF, and be as compact as possible. I've always been baffled as to why Pentax has yet to make a camera like this, especially when many other companies are doing well with cameras in this vein. The limited lenses are the perfect match for this.

Oh well, I do have a Ricoh GR, so hard to be underwhelmed with anything in the way of photography equipment these days.
Retro-styled not always work, look nikon Df. So dose and innovative-styled as K-1.
GR is a superb camera.
05-29-2014, 09:04 PM   #12
Pentaxian

As much as I'd like to see a K-02, with all the issues on the video side corrected, the video features of the K3 and 645z suggest the corporate plan is a VERY slow evolution of features.

That said, a 'K-02" would need the following changes to evolve from the K-01....

Clean Feed HDMI 4:4:4 output at all times.
User Selectable CoDecs - h.246 at either 25mbit, or at 50mbit, or at 50mbit All I-frame - Compressed CinemaDNG Raw - Mjpeg at 50 & 100mbits
User Selectable 'Video' or 'Film' mode - swapping between Rec709 and full dynamic range modes.
No IS = No Crop mode.
User Switchable IS - software or Sensor Shift, users choice.
48kHz Stereo Audio.
User Selectable AGC/Limiters on Audio.
Ergonomic Handgrip.

And delete all the functions Users don't use in camera, or that can be moved to the included software - who actually edits their photos in the camera, on that small screen?
A tablet edition of the software would be useful, especially with proxy video preview over USB or WiFi.
Same goes with being able to Tether the camera in Lightroom.

Instead of all the colours, why not allow customers to customize their camera during an online purchase - be able to choose the shape of the handgrip to match the size of their hands?

If they made the above changes, for HD video, they'd destroy the opposition on IQ alone.
AND, use video peoples would get to keep using all our classic K-Mount glass!

Heck,.. in chatting to the Kinefinity guys in China, they'd build me a KiniMINI or KiniMAX with a K-Mount, all I have to do is send them a sample lens or two.

Last edited by PiDicus Rex; 05-29-2014 at 09:16 PM.
05-29-2014, 10:35 PM   #13
Veteran Member

^ So, pretty much a Canon EOS C500 inside a Panisonic GH4 (if not smaller) sized body?
05-29-2014, 11:16 PM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
^ So, pretty much a Canon EOS C500 inside a Panisonic GH4 (if not smaller) sized body?
:lol, no - I'd prefer the XLR Balanced Audio to be recorded on a separate device - but decent quality on the Mic/Lin input would be a fantastic improvement.
And in this size form factor, I'd settle for HD, but the 645z should have been 4K.
And the C-Series canons make no sense - their image quality doesn't justify the massive price premium over the 5D/6D/1D bodies, and those L-series lenses are a b$%^h to live with.

I think I need to admit, just how frustrated I am, with the disparity between how good the K-01 is, and just how freaking amazing! it could have been.
06-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shaolen Quote
Okaaaaaaaaaay...., but I would still like one. I think the time for EVF on mirrorless cameras has come, especially with the OVF being not so good. I would look like a dork ( and get painful arms etc.) using my DA 300 without a viewfinder