Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Electric Eye Quote
Fuji did a nice job with their optical viewfinder!,its off to the left of centre and it's mechanically linked to the lens for zooming in and out....really great!
it'll be interesting to see the improved version coming next year in the XPro2. the new X100T with the peaking overlay is pretty amazing, and rumour is it's a more advance variant on that one - like the original Xpro was versus the original X100.
Going to be expensive though rumours put it up around $1600-$1700

12-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #77
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmont Quote
Hi I am a long time Pentax user, and migrated to mirrorless (a K01), about a year ago.
My eyes however are no longer able to use the LCD panel for composition, so I needed a vewfinder solution.
I have ended up buying a Sony NEX-6, to satisfy my need.
The NEX-6 has turned out to fit my needs nicely, but I would much rather have stayed with Pentax.
Pentax need to develop a Sony Alpha 6000 equivalent and an A7II ( but better of course) and quickly.
regards
johnmont
Agreed. In features, the A6000 is pretty close to my wish list for mirrorless. The problem I have as I get older is that I cannot focus on both the LCD and the subject, so going from seeing the photo and taking it is difficult when wearing contact lenses. The EVF or optical finder is essential. These days, I don't end up using the K01 much mainly becaus I don't like taking a photo holding the camera at arm's length.
12-16-2014, 12:04 PM   #78
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Agreed. In features, the A6000 is pretty close to my wish list for mirrorless. The problem I have as I get older is that I cannot focus on both the LCD and the subject, so going from seeing the photo and taking it is difficult when wearing contact lenses. The EVF or optical finder is essential. These days, I don't end up using the K01 much mainly because I don't like taking a photo holding the camera at arm's length.
Holding any camera at arm's length ("zombie mode") is truly a terrible way to take a picture; if nothing else, your arms are too unstable so you really really need SR.

Have you thought about the possibility of using some kind of hood that basically turns an LCD into an EVF?
12-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #79
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Holding any camera at arm's length ("zombie mode") is truly a terrible way to take a picture; if nothing else, your arms are too unstable so you really really need SR.

Have you thought about the possibility of using some kind of hood that basically turns an LCD into an EVF?
That is a truly terrible way to take a photo, so I don't do it.

Either an optical system like a DSLR or a camera with an EVF has been the far more elegant solution. There is not enough advantage to the K01 over a DSLR to merit kludging together a viewfinder.