Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-25-2015, 04:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Gotta say, I think the Q design has gone down hill since the release of the Q10. For my money the original Q nailed it.
The Q-S1 looks like a cheap plastic Chinese knock-off to me.

As I am still astonished with the results from my Classic Q, I have no intention of upgrading at any price.

05-13-2015, 07:53 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pjalves Quote
I didn't know it's an IR receiver. Nevertheless it still looks strange and out of place to me. And not much of a grip, also...
According to B&H's video review there's two. One inside that button grip and one on the back somewhere that's smaller. Personally I'm not crazy about that button grip. I think it's a bit fugly, but supposedly it helps with ergonomics. I'm actually thinking of covering it up somehow, making my own grip, and just using the one in back if that will work.
12-05-2015, 07:40 PM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Yes, it looks nice but in hand it's not that great. The button grip is hard-edged and doesn't provide a secure purchase. And it just feels hollow and with thinner plastics when compared to the Q7 and original Q. It takes good pictures though, so I'm keeping it. One of these days I'll get around to swapping the internals of the Q-S1 and Q. All the visible screws seem to line up so I suspect it will be an easy swap.
how will the larger Q sensor line up? Or will you keep the smaller sensor in place?