Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2015, 05:27 PM   #1
Forum Member

Is this the end of my K-01?

Picked a K-01 up cheap some time ago as they were being discontinued. Now when I turn the mode selection dial at the top, it mostly displays Av (sometimes Movie) no matter what the physical dial is set to. I'm not in the mood for major camera surgery, but she's been a good friend and I'm feeling cheap lately so I'd like to push her along for a bit if I can. Is there hope? I mostly shoot Av anyway, but need M for my old lenses.

05-22-2015, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

It might just be dirty contacts in the mode dial. Try rotating it a lot to work dirt loose. Next step after that is electrical contact cleaner spray.

Or try resetting the camera to factory default in case of a weird software glitch.
06-18-2015, 02:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The cover for my mode dial came loose, and turning the dial just turned the cover. See if you can lift it straight off. If so, a little glue will reattach it and all will be well.

Charles.