Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2016, 11:03 PM   #106
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zoolander Quote
But this is all wishful thinking considering the K-1 is coming out soon and Pentax has struggled to deliver lenses - of their own design - for the K-1. I think a K-02 is a pipe dream now, but I think I read somewhere that Ricoh is going to get into the mirrorless market ........... just as Samsung is trying to get out. Ricoh is dooooooooooomed ! Maybe Samsung could sell Ricoh its camera division.
What count is the lenses are there and are good., not who did their design. Many of the lenses sold under some brand are behind the scenes designed by Tamron, Tokina, Zeiss and alike. A brand is just a name to attrack fandboy... Tamron for example has big activity doing things for others... There many many more tamron lenses than the one under their own brand.

Pentax managed to introduce 24-70, 28-105, 150-450, 70-200, 15-30 for the their FF camera and has also quite many primes available (31, 35, 43, 2 50, 77, 100, 200, 300). This is more than what Sony has on FE mount after several years and Pentax has 5 more lenses on roadmap (4 primes, 1 fisheye zoom). They only miss a UWA basically to say they have a complete system and it will come soon. I don't call that strugling.

06-25-2016, 06:48 AM   #107
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Still waiting for a Pentax mirrorless. Sigma's made the spunky new quattro. Hasselblad has an MF mirrorless. Come on Pentax drop a K-02 with evf on us ...... please, pretty please with sugar on top !
06-25-2016, 07:00 AM   #108
Veteran Member

Well, it would be great if Pentax would make a mirrorless model for APS-C, Full Frame, and for Medium Format?

Last edited by Vantage-Point; 07-02-2016 at 03:01 PM.
06-25-2016, 08:43 AM   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There are so many freedoms with mirrorless: slide-out shade, pop-up eye-level, top-mount waist level, EVF, rangefinder style,face detect, audio focus confirm, Lomo-style,

Please Ricoh, just one more try. How about a K-011 for full frame?

07-02-2016, 10:47 AM   #110
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by squareeyes Quote
There are so many freedoms with mirrorless: slide-out shade, pop-up eye-level, top-mount waist level, EVF, rangefinder style,face detect, audio focus confirm, Lomo-style,

Please Ricoh, just one more try. How about a K-011 for full frame?
I don't get it... An FF in APSC mode give you the range finder possibility to look what is around the scene. Audio focus confirm is not linked to EVF. Lomo are most often film cameras. Face detect can be done with DSLR too, no issue. i think you can shoot waist level with K1 and the orientable back screen too.
07-02-2016, 10:53 AM - 1 Like   #111
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My dream is for the NX tech to reappear as a Pentax body, use the NX mount but always include an NX to Kaf electronic adapter. An nx500 with near-native K support would be a small wonder. K lenses would be manual focus though, unless a small motor could transition the by-wire focus to a mechanical signal.
07-02-2016, 02:06 PM   #112
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
My dream is for the NX tech to reappear as a Pentax body, use the NX mount but always include an NX to Kaf electronic adapter. An nx500 with near-native K support would be a small wonder. K lenses would be manual focus though, unless a small motor could transition the by-wire focus to a mechanical signal.
K-70 - (OVF) - (screwdrive motor) - (aperture coupling) + modern EVF

and

DA Limiteds reissued as KAF4 PLM RE - (aperture lever) - (worm gear)

=

K-02 mirrorless system

Discuss electronic shutter.

07-03-2016, 07:20 PM   #113
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
The same thing is true of the NX-mount that is already true of the Q-mount. A full-function adapter makes sense, but only if the target lenses already have their own focus motors ... KAF3 and {especially} KAF4 lenses.
08-01-2016, 02:56 PM   #114

QuoteOriginally posted by zoolander Quote
Hows about if we made the Pentax K-02 Fan club !

Where's Pentax ? I'm sure they're too busy working on the FF. But once its out, we better get on Pentaxes back for the K-02.

Who's up for a Pentax K-02 ?
Where do I sign up? I love my K-01 but an update would be appreciated.
08-07-2016, 06:50 PM   #115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'd love to buy a K-01 successor, that would be a neat camera. Make it an ergo package and I think it would be well received.
08-07-2016, 07:47 PM   #116
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The same thing is true of the NX-mount that is already true of the Q-mount. A full-function adapter makes sense, but only if the target lenses already have their own focus motors ... KAF3 and {especially} KAF4 lenses.
I would not be displeased to see a Pentax Mirrorless with such an adapter, requiring in-lens motors for full AF function.
08-26-2016, 03:26 AM   #117

Someone mentioned their Sony SLT camera. I've wondered if, for a K-02, that K-mount long flange distance could be put to good use by placing a translucent mirror in there for use by a dedicated phase detect AF sensor. Along with an EVF of course.

If I may be brutally honest, K-01 is incredibly ugly. If they could do something more along the lines of the beautiful K-1's "classic not retro" styling they've got going on, I'm sure it'll go a long way.
08-26-2016, 09:17 AM   #118
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by adjutant Quote
Someone mentioned their Sony SLT camera. I've wondered if, for a K-02, that K-mount long flange distance could be put to good use by placing a translucent mirror in there for use by a dedicated phase detect AF sensor. Along with an EVF of course.

If I may be brutally honest, K-01 is incredibly ugly. If they could do something more along the lines of the beautiful K-1's "classic not retro" styling they've got going on, I'm sure it'll go a long way.
There is another thread in PF wondering whether the SLT is at an end.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/327...d-end-slt.html
Sony, in general, seems to be going down the purely mirrorless path - no mirror of any kind.
With their modern hybrid sensors, they get superb focusing performance without the complication of mirrors.
My personal belief is that any K-02 should be purely mirrorless also.
08-31-2016, 12:49 PM   #119
Death89

I really enjoy using my k-50, like the look of the k-70 but it's not enough for me to upgrade yet. Give me a k-070 with PDAF and full sensor readout HD video and I might be able to justify it on video grounds. Especially with the flip screen.
08-31-2016, 09:24 PM   #120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Death89 Quote
I really enjoy using my k-50, like the look of the k-70 but it's not enough for me to upgrade yet. Give me a k-070 with PDAF and full sensor readout HD video and I might be able to justify it on video grounds. Especially with the flip screen.
There no many camera with full sensor read out, and they are all very expensive!