Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-28-2016, 07:59 PM   #1

QS-1 Focus Point

Hello...I just bought a new QS-1 and have been thoroughly enjoying it. I wonder if someone out there might know of a way to more rapidly move the focus point cursor around. The only trick I know of is to press the green button to center it, but it's still dreadfully slow to move from the center to an edge. It would seem like there'd be a way to speed this up, but the manual doesn't mention anything, nor does a Google search yield any suggestions.

Thanks...
Dennis

09-28-2016, 08:11 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lagerhead Quote
Hello...I just bought a new QS-1 and have been thoroughly enjoying it. I wonder if someone out there might know of a way to more rapidly move the focus point cursor around. The only trick I know of is to press the green button to center it, but it's still dreadfully slow to move from the center to an edge. It would seem like there'd be a way to speed this up, but the manual doesn't mention anything, nor does a Google search yield any suggestions.

Thanks...
Dennis
Instead of using SEL, you can set it to multi-point auto mode, which also lets you select a 1x1 focus point, but you'll be able to move it around much faster.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-29-2016, 05:48 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

The way I use AF with my Q7 (and original Q) is to set it in track mode. Set the focus where you want and recompose. The focus point will stay locked on your subject while you reframe the shot.
09-29-2016, 07:36 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you Adam and Carl for your quick responses!! I'll be shooting with my QS1 tomorrow as well as my K3...I'll practice the methods you've suggested. Thank you again....
Dennis

09-29-2016, 07:38 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you...

Thank you Adam and Carl for your quick responses!! I'll be shooting with the QS1 and my K3 tomorrow morning and will practice the methods you've suggested.

Thanks again,
Dennis