Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2021, 07:18 AM   #91
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
If you had only the LCD screen, you had exactly the capability of a "Q".
The problem is, the "Q" has nothing to shield the LCD from the sun or other bright lights.
With either a "OVF" or "EVF', the viewfinder itself provides the needed 'shield'.
This also depends on the quality of the screen in the first place. I have a Q and a K-01, which were not separated by many years in terms of release. But the K-01 is visible in conditions where the Q is too faint to be useful. It's a really obvious difference. The GR III is also reliant on the screen but the much screen is better still.

Of course my iPhone 7 (nowhere near state of the art) is visible in almost any normal light. If only camera makers could afford to put smartphone quality screens in their cameras.

Having an OVF is great though. It's still my preference and may always be.

07-09-2021, 10:27 PM   #92

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
I'm at a stage in my life where age and body are telling me to go "lighter", and am looking at M4/3 with adapter as my next purchase, not that I'll get rid of my K5iis, but as a next step....

Unfortunately I can't wait for Pentax to decide if and when they will go mirror-less. I've loved my Pentax system since 1981, and am still using my K1000 occasionally, but life moves on and Pentax don't control mine.

I must agree that it seems as if DSLR future might be less rosy than many believe, not that it'll ever completely die, it'll probably just have a reduced market as time goes by.

With the new generation of photographers, growing up with smartphone cameras as their first experience in the field of photography, it will probably be much easier for them to progress to

mirror-less systems in future, which is also probably the reason for the continued growth as seen in mirror-less cameras currently.

MILC's will probably continue it's path the same way as computers did, including with lower prices in future, as more and more users adopt it.

What is more important for me, is not if and when the means to capture images changes, but the length of time on this world God grants me to enjoy the moments I have to do it.
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive - Elbert Hubbard

---------- Post added 07-09-21 at 10:29 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive - Elbert Hubbard
Agreed
Although i have consciously made the decision to sell most of my DSLR bodies, and lenses, (keeping only my Kp with DA 18-135, 55-300 PLM, 1.4x Converter), i have not yet been able to physically bring myself to begin.
I now find the Kp 'kit', with backup from either Nikon Coolpix B500 or B700, to be all i need, and all i can carry.
It is so hard to part with my 35mm Film era FF lenses : FA (Silver) 28-90, 80-200, 100-300, 28-200, 80-320. They all perform, and look, great5 on my Kp (Silver Body) . . . . . . . . . .
But, unless my Son wants them for his K-1(ii) , , , , , , , ,

Last edited by Rob-48; 07-09-2021 at 10:31 PM. Reason: error in lens focal length
07-13-2021, 07:56 PM   #93
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rob-48 Quote
Agreed
Although i have consciously made the decision to sell most of my DSLR bodies, and lenses, (keeping only my Kp with DA 18-135, 55-300 PLM, 1.4x Converter), i have not yet been able to physically bring myself to begin.
I now find the Kp 'kit', with backup from either Nikon Coolpix B500 or B700, to be all i need, and all i can carry.
It is so hard to part with my 35mm Film era FF lenses : FA (Silver) 28-90, 80-200, 100-300, 28-200, 80-320. They all perform, and look, great5 on my Kp (Silver Body) . . . . . . . . . .
But, unless my Son wants them for his K-1(ii) , , , , , , , ,
i have now sold several of my redundant lenses, but my daughters will have to deal with the bodies, even the ones I never actually use these days.