Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2018, 03:59 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by howieb101 Quote
A 2nd hand Fujifilm X30 if you can get it at your price point. Also includes an evf which is nice when its bright outside. I bought one but wouldn't pay more than $300. I got it for $300 Australian about a year ago.

Except for the Sony RX100's the compact is a dying breed and to be honest phone camera's are improving a lot, especcially on the software side, multiple lenses and integrated fake bokeh, portrait mode (on the multiple lens camera phones).
While I agree with your comments about the dying breed and compact cameras, sadly, there is still something to be said for having a pocket camera if you are an enthusiast. Indeed I treated myself to the Fuji XF10, and in terms of its capabilities and joy of ownership it knocks any smartphone into a cocked hat. Unfortunately I think Fuji have misread the market and along with the GR it may be the last of its kind.

12-01-2018, 09:36 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
At B&H there is a Kodak Pixpro AZ652 wit ha 2omp sensor and even shoots RAW. It is on sale for $299. All in one with a 65x optical zoom lens. Looks a lot like the Sony cameras but they don't offer RAW files for this price.

Kodak PIXPRO AZ652 Digital Camera AZ652BK B&H Photo Video
12-01-2018, 07:19 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
At B&H there is a Kodak Pixpro AZ652 wit ha 2omp sensor and even shoots RAW. It is on sale for $299. All in one with a 65x optical zoom lens. Looks a lot like the Sony cameras but they don't offer RAW files for this price.

Kodak PIXPRO AZ652 Digital Camera AZ652BK B&H Photo Video
You may want to read the independent reviews first.
12-04-2018, 02:36 PM   #34

I replaced my mx-1 with a ricoh GR and am very happy with the decision. The GR is more compact, has more features, better low-light performance, better buffering speeds and IMHO hands down beats the MX-1---except for styling and the tilit screen.Then again, it was also much more expensive.

I did enjoy the Mx-1 when I had it....just found it too bulky to "pocket" and it had horrid low light performance.

12-28-2018, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I was surprised how much faster a Q7 is vs my original Q. Also better image quality. Anything with bigger sensor and fast lens is going to be bigger and expensive.

Thanks,
barondla

Consider entering the Point & Shoot photo contest in the Compact Camera thread.