Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-25-2019, 02:07 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
I'm looking at getting a panasonic m4/3 camera at some point for video. You don't need a huge sensor for video, and it'll be a fun small camera. Pentax will have my dollars for some time to come for stills photography.
There are some really good m4/3 cameras out there, but I would definitely go for one of the mirrorless APS-C ones coming out. Heck, even the m4/3 can take Pentax glass with an adapter.

I have way too much Sony to have yet another mount in my workflow!

Technically, APS-C is very close to Super 35 which is about the same size of sensor in my Sony FS7 and FS5. I love putting my Pentax APS-C glass on those cameras.

If Pentax would just give me a decent APS-C camera with at least 1080p/60 at 50mbit or 4K/60 at 100mbit, Pentax would be instantly in my workflow again.

I dearly miss shooting with my K1 or K3 professionally.

Why?

Because now, when you fly, there can't be any batteries in the checked luggage. So with carry-on having to have laptop, lenses, some bodies and batteries, I can't take too much gear with me on assignments/gigs.

Sadly Pentax stays home these days.

But...I have beat this drum way too many times.