Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2021, 05:25 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
As a final note - the biggest drawback to what you are planning may be you never go back to film. The old lenses work so beautifully with the digital cameras.
I started about 1990 with film ( had my own colour darkroom) but once I had a taste of the digital potential I have never been tempted to go back to film.

Haha! Too true!
I too had a colour darkroom in the '80's and '90's, and even then I "missed" the smell of b&w chemicals and the ability to manipulate the images actually in the chemicals by safelight!
Then along came a film scanner and everything changed!
The transition to digital was almost inevitable, both from the lack of local availability of supplies and from the almost instantaneous appraisal of images!
Do I miss it …. hell yes!
Would I go back … probably not … well maybe … someday

12-06-2021, 02:59 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lincolnms Quote
Hi!
I shoot Pentax SLR on film. However to try and learn more about the lenses I have I was thinking of using a digital camera. We have a super takumar as well as quite a few prime lenses and a third party one, too, and they each have their quirks. I'm finding out more and more about them as we go through the rolls but to really study them I'd thought it would be wiser to try and make some digital photos as well. My main medium of photography will always be film though. Do you guys have good recommendations for a model that has the K mount and has decent enough quality to really see what the lenses are capable of? Thank you so much!
After I got my K-30, I tried the Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7 {the lens I had used most of the time with film} with it.
Even though the K-30 was only 16mp, I got pictures showing much more detail than I had ever gotten with Kodachrome25.
This left me convinced that almost any recent camera would work very well with old film lenses.