Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
Does anyone know how much this will cost in the uk? And when it will be released in the uk? Thinking of upgrading from a k-r

05-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by theflyingjocksman Quote
Does anyone know how much this will cost in the uk? And when it will be released in the uk? Thinking of upgrading from a k-r
The kit will cost 679 pounds.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
FYI B&H just changed their whole story- apparently all the 18-55mm kit lenses for the K-30 are WR. I'm not 100% sure about this myself, but from what I hear, there are.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
And according to Adorama, they are all non-WR (which is what I thought all along, and what B&H told me yesterday). I will get this cleared up.

Adam

05-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #20

Photos: Albums
Thanks Adam is the uk release date the same as us
05-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I think so- in the UK you'll see it toward the end of June (I think the official date was the 25th).

Adam

05-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
FYI B&H just changed their whole story- apparently all the 18-55mm kit lenses for the K-30 are WR. I'm not 100% sure about this myself, but from what I hear, there are.
So, maybe Yossi was right after all. That's pretty cool if B&H does that!

05-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #23
Veteran Member

At this point I'm going to stick with the base kit not being WR. the 2 lens kit OTOH may be, but i doubt it also. the only one i know is WR is the 18-135 kit (which is a great deal for someone starting out - much better IMO than the 2 lens kits)
05-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Just got confirmation. None of the lenses are WR except for the 18-135mm kit.
05-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #25

Amazon seems to have the non-WR kit for £699, while Clifton Cameras have the body only at £599 and the K30 w/18-55 WR for £679, including a 2 year warranty, free copy of Adobe Lightroom and some Pentax binoculars. Gunna hold off ordering one for now, still need to decide between this and the K-5 as my first DSLR (as I have no ties to any brand, I'm kinda open to all the main manufacturers but pretty settled on Pentax for some reason )
05-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Australian price?

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet (apologies if its a repeat), but I found a re-tweet on the Pentax Australia web site dated 22-May-2012 at 16:44 and the link to DigiDirect

The price quoted is AUD$899 including DAL18-55 lens

Looks like my K200D has a successor!
05-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #27
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The pricing of this camera is right-on; I think it'll bring the K-30 a lot of success!

Adam

05-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Just wondering if the image quality on this will be much better than on my trusty old K10D, hmmmmmm, just hate the fact that there is no genuine Pentax grip for it....
05-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #29

New member here joining after seeing the news of the K30. Sorry if this is a lame question but I am unclear on how magnification works and am wondering if .92 viewfinder of the K30 would be significantly larger when compared to a Rebel XT's .8? A significantly larger viewfinder along with the frame rate in a small package would make this an ideal camera for myself. Thank you for your help. Chris
05-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rollo Quote
New member here joining after seeing the news of the K30. Sorry if this is a lame question but I am unclear on how magnification works and am wondering if .92 viewfinder of the K30 would be significantly larger when compared to a Rebel XT's .8? A significantly larger viewfinder along with the frame rate in a small package would make this an ideal camera for myself. Thank you for your help. Chris
it's not just that is .92 Which is better magnification, it also offers 100% view versus 95% (in other words WYSIWYG) and it is a PentaPrism instead of the PentaMirror so a much brighter view as well. the closest comparable finder in Canon would be the 60D which is still only 95% coverage or the 7D which is 100% view and 1.0 magnification (so better at twice the price)
So coming from a rebel you should see a marked improvement in the OVF