Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #121
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Can we just leave this? It's getting tired, and a bit nasty.
I agree. As unpopular as my opinion has been to some, I've tried to keep a tone of decency and a modicum of respect throughout. A fraction of which has been afforded me. People get really nasty here; using name-calling and bullying tactics instead of actual arguments and counter-arguments to make their points.

I actually feel a bit ashamed being part of the Pentax 'community' today, if this is what it means.

05-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
I actually feel a bit ashamed being part of the Pentax 'community' today
You should, for making nearly 100 posts about this. It's like dealing with RH, one of the forum's biggest trolls ever.
05-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #123
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
You should, for making nearly 100 posts about this. It's like dealing with RH, one of the forum's biggest trolls ever.
and you're a shining example. name calling and cursing left and right.

90% of these posts are self-defense from empty attacks such as yours.

Last edited by illdefined; 05-27-2012 at 12:20 AM.
05-27-2012, 01:10 AM   #124
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You know what? This thread itself has lost its meaning. There is no need for this kind of banter on the forum.

05-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #125
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
No, you sound like a photo enthusiast, the market for that camera and not a total newcomer to photography.
In other words, the *exact same market as the K-30*. In case you hadn't noticed, this is *not* an entry level camera, nor is being priced as such. You seem to think you know the market better for this camera better than Penax does. I very much doubt that is true.
05-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #126
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I agree. As unpopular as my opinion has been to some, I've tried to keep a tone of decency and a modicum of respect throughout.
Perhaps, but I don't think you've done quite as well here as you think you have.

Had you simply stated, "you know what? It might be even better if at some point, Pentax were to also offer a kit with the 18-55WR, to make it somewhat more obvious to newcomers that that option exists and gives them a fully WR solution for less than the cost of he kit with the 18-135", no one would have argued one bit. But what we actually got was (and these are direct quotes):

"aching for a class-action lawsuit"

"confusing/misleading marketing is illegal"

It's one thing to suggest that in addition to the existing fantastic offerings, an additional fantastic offering woild be nice too. It's another to suggest that failure to offer he particular fantastic option you desire constitutes grounds for legal action.

Oops, look like thread was closed while I was posting this (for the record, not by me).. Sorry for inadvertently getting the last word.
Closed Thread