Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
I don't get the hatred for the K-01 either. It's a neat looking camera. Wasn't exactly what I was looking for at the time (I wanted tiny, so I got a Q - already have a K10D) but it's a neat camera and it takes great pictures.

If I'd have gotten a K-01, it's have been in bumblebee yellow-black, btw

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Should I feel excluded? I drive a Toyota, but would be happy to have a K-01?

I think we're injecting a little humor (at last) into th K-01 discussion - I, at my own expense for being the kind of person who buys an iconclastic camera sight-unseen AND drives and iconoclastic car.

And you have your own set of cojones (if you have two X's, then metaphorically) for buying a Q.

05-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #47
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The whole thing with this camera is, how much faster is the faster AF?

Why ? This isn't a camera touted by Pentax as 'high end', but rather a mid-class DSLR with added features to replace the K-x. AF may be a bit faster, but the market segment (and price point) targeted by Pentax for the K-30 does not demand top-of-the-line AF. This should be (and hopefully will be) reserved by the K-5 successor, which will/should be aimed at serious enthusiasts/Pro market.
05-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Actually, the Pentax guy, said the changes would be incorporated into the K-5 successor. I suppose they might go a bit further, but look at this as the warm up teaser for the K-5 successor.
05-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
The supreme irony of it is that she actually made millions doing it.
And that people actually bought into it, knowing full well it ain't that original... I guess it's all about the generation!

As for the AF speed, I also agree that a newer (not upgraded) version of SAFOX will be incorporated into the K-5 successor. I hope SAFOX X+ will be just as fast and but more accurate than Canon 7D's or Nikon D7000's.

05-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #50
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
lol FWIW I bought my K-01 yesterday and I drive a Subaru Impreza.
A pattern is forming. I have had a K-01 for nearly three months, and I'm two years into my fifth Subaru (Club Spec 10 WR-X at the moment)
Bloody hipsters and their hoon cars!

Perhaps Pentax should produce a limited edition K-01 in WRC blue
05-28-2012, 02:12 AM   #51
Pentaxian

+1 on all that
Pete

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
I don't see the K30 as a design come back for Pentax, as I don't see the K-01 as a design failure.

The K-01 is very much a niche camera, it was never intended to appeal to everyone. Those that like it, like it allot. And those that don't, well they are as vocal about their distaste as I have ever seen for any design.

The k-01 is a funky, manga inspired, caricature of a camera that puts design ahead of function. To some people, that rocks their boat.

The K-30 is a sleek futuristic, hyper-drive, masculine, spaceship of a camera with vents, and fins. But it puts function far ahead of design. And as for the specs and details that really matter, it is a home run. Twin e-dials, 100% penta prism, and in body SR all for under $900.00? Wow!

I expect the K-3 (K-5 replacement) will bring back the all business look of the K-7/K-5. A new body would be expected, but it will be all business. No fins, flairs, or metallic blue. I expect IF Pentax releases a FF it will look and handle like the K-3.

I am really looking fwd to seeing what Pentax comes out with for the K-300 (k-r replacement). For sure it will be colourful.
05-28-2012, 03:24 AM   #52
ogl
Pentaxian

K-30 is very cool in design. Sporty and dynamic. It's a pity that I have 2 bodies already...
05-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
A pattern is forming. I have had a K-01 for nearly three months, and I'm two years into my fifth Subaru (Club Spec 10 WR-X at the moment)
Bloody hipsters and their hoon cars!

Perhaps Pentax should produce a limited edition K-01 in WRC blue
Pentax and Subaru could co-sponsor the US Ski Team - Compact, Durable, WR, over-engineered, feature-rich, different - you can play all day long with the cross-branding ideas.

05-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
K-30 is very cool in design. Sporty and dynamic. It's a pity that I have 2 bodies already...
only 2???? you're letting us down ogl, even I have 3 not including film or other brands