Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wonder if Photoexpo will have K-30

Tomorrow I'm heading down to the photo show in Toronto. I wonder if the Pentax booth will have a working K-30 on hand. If so, I'll see if I can convince them to let me take a few shots with my memory card and my DA70Ltd. Fingers crossed for some sample pics.

05-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That would be awesome!
05-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If you mean the Exposure show by Henry's then they have three or more in a glass booth. I didn't ask about trying them out and one rep said that they were pre-production units.

Here's a bad photo of three of them and a slightly better photo of a Black & White one.

That really is a crappy photo I took of the three of them. Sorry everyone, I can do much better but was too interested in looking at all the shiny things on display.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by mtansley; 05-25-2012 at 04:43 PM.
05-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Such a great looking camera with lots to offer.

I think you'll be lucky if they let you try one, but didn't frank and the Singapore group already get a k-30?

05-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Got back from the show (yes the Henry's show), and they did let me handle the camera. I asked if I could attach my lens and put a memory card in. I could attach the lens, but they wouldn't let me put my memory card into the camera. They said the firmware is only at 0.3 at this point and is still buggy, It feels nice in the hands. My Dad also agreed it felt nice to handle. I noticed some people on the forum asking about a grip, and looking at it, I'd say no, and the rep also confirmed that. I did take a picture of the white one, but have not got it out of the camera yet. I think this camera has great potential. I saw the K-01, and still think it looks like a toy. I'd tell anyone to take the K-30 over the K-01.
05-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just a quick snap, but it's a picture. :-)

Last edited by eccs19; 07-25-2016 at 05:56 PM.