Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
If you dont like the colors of K-30, just buy the black.
I don't know to whom you are replying -- maybe not me --, but I will take this opportunity to say that I love all three colors that are available in the U.S. and Canada (and elsewhere). I even love the maroon color that is available only in certain other countries. I used to own a gorgeous maroon Nishiki bicycle in the early 1980s. I loved that bike. I know Pentax (Ricoh) is doing some great marketing with these much more sophisticated colors. They will attract a lot of amateurs and enthusiasts who might otherwise have made a "safe" (not) Nikon or Canon purchase. Having all of these great color choices is what is making my own decision so difficult. I simply chose to be tongue-in-cheek about it.

Last edited by Welfl; 05-29-2012 at 11:29 AM.
05-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Something I've mentioned before: Are thin-film semiconductors that can be sprayed onto surfaces. Is much work being done on impregnating fabrics with such circuitry, turning any piece of clothing into a a big LCD screen. The pattern can be whatever we wish displayed: still or moving images. I predict that before long, cameras (and all other personal toys) will have similar surfaces and can be programmable for any sort of display. Psychedelic!
05-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Now I can't make up my mind, lol. I like the crystal green, the crystal red, the crystal silver and the crystal orange. I would have liked more of a kelly green but the olive is nice. That red is pretty like a cherry metallic car. The crystal silver is nice but I'm not sure I wouldn't get tired of it. Ditto the crystal orange. I like it but would I still like it a year later? I don't know. At the very least they need to offer the USA the red. That would sell very well here.
05-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
it's silly to be afraid that it'll look dated.
I know. I keep trying to tell myself the same thing, which is why I still look longingly at the blue one (and the white one). But then I remember some of the many things I've bought in the past 40 years, all of which looked great at the time but now look very dated. Then again, I bought lots of other things (some of them "trendy") which still look great after all these years.

QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
why are people so conservative?!
I don't know, but they are. It's just a fact of life and is neither right nor wrong. I've gone both ways an equal number of times in my life. The thing is, I've rarely ever regretted being conservative, but I've regretted being "trendy" about half the time.

05-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Think about it though. Which cars always look really bad to you after a while? I mean how many blue cars from earlier eras don't stick out like a sore thumb as compared to say a standard black or gray model of the exact same car? Certain colored cars are actually not as easy to sell from what I hear. Right now yellow and black is actually pretty popular but I'm betting that when the craze is over a lot of people are going to be very sorry they went bumble bee, particularly when they finally go to sell...
05-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Welfl Quote
Originally posted by bobmaxja Quote If you dont like the colors of K-30, just buy the black.
This is just a general comment not related to a paticular person
05-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #22

This is just a general comment not related to a paticular person
Okay, thanks.

05-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #23
Veteran Member

If you dont like the colors of K-30, just buy the black. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy the colors one
Pentax just do some good marketing to offer choice to peoples who dont want black
Yes, but should I pick crystal or silky?

I like most of the colours here, especially the white, cherry red, blue and even the maroon one

Some look better in silky, some in crystal e.g. the blue looks a lot better in silky to me, but I would quite fancy the black or white in crystal.

Can any blue Kx owners comment on the durability of the shiny finish compared to matt? Is it easily scuffed?
05-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Being a Steelers fan, I love the yellow. But I would never buy it. It's just a bit too "loud" for me. Still eyeing the blue, and that's nice since it'll actually be available here. Though I have to say I'd prefer the matte finish rather than shiny. Wonder which one the U.S. is getting??
05-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
Yes, but should I pick crystal or silky?

I like most of the colours here, especially the white, cherry red, blue and even the maroon one

Some look better in silky, some in crystal e.g. the blue looks a lot better in silky to me, but I would quite fancy the black or white in crystal.

Can any blue Kx owners comment on the durability of the shiny finish compared to matt? Is it easily scuffed?
Do you know what is going to available in your market? If you went import from Japan to get a color not offered in your market you would probably be paying a hefty premium. See Ebay for colored 35mm/f2.4 lenses and K-r cameras, for examples.

As far as durability goes, shot peening metal to get a rougher texture actually makes the surface stronger and avoids cracking. Not sure if the same applies to polycarbonate but it might.
05-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #26
Veteran Member

It would be cool to see a picture of a posh car the Pentax user with the same colored K30.
05-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #27

Photos: Albums
I actually would buy a WHITE one. Just waiting so see the hands on reviews of the camera first.
05-30-2012, 06:52 AM - 1 Like   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A new couple named Crystal and Matthew would be glad that they can get one of each (even if it is the same color) so when they know which belongs to who...
05-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #29
Zou

Mmm, silky orange is my top choice.
06-01-2012, 05:27 AM   #30
Banned

Nice options, but only Japan.