Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Will the white K 30 kit come with a 18-135

Like everyone, I am excited about the new K 30. I plan on buying one when it is available. I currently have a K-r that I use for real estate photography. I have had a black camera all of my life and I would like to buy the white body K 30. I think the white on the black looks great.
However I want the 18-135 mm lense that us coupled with the black body as the kit. The price sounds good, saving $180 on a great lense is to hard to pass up when buying a new camera body.

Does anyone know if Pentax will offer the white body with this lense or just offer it with the 18-55 mm? As it looks now, I will be getting another black camera because I can't pass up the 18-135 mm lense offered withe the black body kit. I really want the white body with the better lense.

Any thoughs...

Thanks,

Racerdew

05-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #2

Just search Amazon, there's a kit K30 + 18-135, $1199.0
05-31-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think that only the black K-30 body will be bundled with the 18-135mm in the US.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-31-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have a white K-x with about 60,000 shutter actuations, and I still love how it looks. If it were me, I'd pay the premium for the white version. It's just too cool.

BTW, the white finish on my K-x has held up beatifully. It still looks like new, and surprisingly dust/grime has never been a problem. Of course, I take good care of my camera, but with that much use I would have expected some wear.

06-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I have read what Adam said, that the black body is the only color offered with the 18-135 mm.
You helped answer my question about the white body holding up. I wondered if after a year or so, would it yellow or look dirty. That is the save part of having a black pentax. It just looks cool like you said and I think it makes the dial controls and labels standout on the white contrast.
I bet people ask you what is that?

Thanks,

Racerdew,

P.S. I still might bet the white!
06-01-2012, 05:18 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Get what you will be happy with.

The K30 kit w/18-135 is $1200

The K30 white is $850 plus an 18-135 is $530 = $1380

Myself, when I am making a major purchase for something that I am planning on using/keeping for years, I get what I want. You don't want to regret your decision every time you pick the camera up.

For a difference of $180 (15%) I would get the white K30. I had a white K-x that I have since sold and loved it - if I were to buy a K30 myself it would definitely be a white one. I can totally agree with Edgar_in_Indy that the white finish holds up perfectly and still looked great after a couple years of use.

This also gives you the option of picking a different lens if you wish.
06-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I have never been an early adopter of new cameras (LBA yes but less on CBA ) as the price usually comes down after a while (usually before new models are about to be release). Besides, waiting can be good too since most of the bugs in the early production run would be cleared by then. However, I think it would be GREAT if Pentax provides some incentive (perhaps a time limited rebate offer) to get people to upgrade to the new model during the introductory offer. This way, they can move the new camera/lens into the hands of people quicker and hopefully these users will help to increase the user base.

06-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #8

Original Poster
aleonx3 you make some good points. All of you have good impute towards the camea. It would be cool if they offered a rebate on purchases made by a given time to help launch the new camera. Tamron does that with there lenses and that makes it a little easier to buy. And yes Stormtech your point is valid about the white body. I would like to have the white one. I wanted that 18-135 lense but I could also just buy the body and buy a Tamron. however I think the Pentax is a good lense. Well I do have some time before buying the camera. And if I wait a while the price will drop. I take pictures for real estate agents so I would use the K30 for that. I have a K-r and it is working pretty good. I am hoping the K30 will offer more and make my job easier. My remove lense button popped off. I have tape holding it down. The camer is about 14 months old so it is not under warruanty. other than that button it has been a good camera.

Racerdew