Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #1

Pentax K-30 firm release date?

Has anybody gotten a firm release date for this camera (US)? June 25th is what I initially heard but I hear from some other sources it won't be shipping until July.

06-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Late June is more likely. I don't think it's going to take them that long to receive the shipments over here.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just talked to a someone (he works at a pentax authorized store) and he spoke to the CEO(NAmerica dev) and they said it's not set in stone yet(maybe in two months). Also he's excited because as far as he knows ( but he's not really telling me anything) I should be excited for "photokina" (Not sure if that's the name of it). He knows I shoot pentax that's why he's all excited to tell me some news(He also used to shoot pentax). We also talked about pentax focusing to be an outdoor all terrain camera brand of some sort. Like they're not coming out with just simple P&S units anymore.

P.S. I know I'm not making sense.... sorry...
06-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kaiserz Quote
Just talked to a someone (he works at a pentax authorized store) and he spoke to the CEO(NAmerica dev) and they said it's not set in stone yet(maybe in two months). Also he's excited because as far as he knows ( but he's not really telling me anything) I should be excited for "photokina" (Not sure if that's the name of it). He knows I shoot pentax that's why he's all excited to tell me some news(He also used to shoot pentax). We also talked about pentax focusing to be an outdoor all terrain camera brand of some sort. Like they're not coming out with just simple P&S units anymore.

P.S. I know I'm not making sense.... sorry...
Photokina is the big trade show in September. I would bet there are probably 2 or 3 camera announcements to coincide with photokina and probably some lens announcements as well. Hopefully with the K-30 they won't have the same issues that Olympus has with the OM-D in terms of wait times. I doubt that will happen though. As far as the direction of the company... if they were to focus more on the weather-proofed cameras and lenses... that would be a smart move. The last piece of the puzzle is making sure those great weather-proofed cameras are in more retail stores.

07-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #5

Unfortunately Pentax was quite vague. On June 27th, they said "Sometimes next month (July) in the US" in one of the comments on the FB page.
07-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
Pentaxian

You guys we are all really confused here. Customer service rep on the phone says July 20th, Customer service rep on Pentaximaging Chat says around mid-july (July 15th). Then the Pentax Facebook rep says this week. So this shows how confused they all are on the release date, or it could mean that one is right and the others are misinformed.
07-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For what its worth the one available to me now at my local retailer was a twin lens kit. He phoned the NZ supplier and body only versions haven't arrived here "could be up to a month away" for us.