Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MrCynical Quote
How does the lens mount material affect whether it can be weather sealed? (genuine question, not an expert on camera tech!) I was under the impression that the weather sealing at the mount was done by a rubber gasket 'outside' the mount so to speak.
I don't know. All of the WR lenses that I have seen have metal mounts. That's why I left it open that it may be possible to make a plastic mount WR lens. I doubt that they will, but it may be possible. I am sure that there are plastics with coefficients of expansion small enough to work though.

I ain't no camera tech either. I try and stay out of stuff I don't know anything about. This thread was all about speculation though. I don't mind making an ass out of myself while speculating. Whether they want to admit it or not plenty of others don't either. (About themselves, that is.)

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-30, k-50, pc magazine, pentax k30, pentax k50