Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FruitLooPs Quote
Just got an email from local camera store, one K-30 in stock as of today. in NZ wooooo

Im gonna go down at lunch and if it takes my fancy i'll purchase - thats if its not a 'demo' only or something lame
Congrats FruitLoops! I'm sure it ain't no demo if it's "in stock"!

07-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Argh, it's a twin lens kit boo. I want body only - still i'll go check it out.
07-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Monique is so smart.

She can choose the 6th (this week) or the 20th (exactly two weeks later), and instead chose the 13th (roughly mid-month and precisely in between). She really cannot be more than a week off either way and variation among stores for receiving and stocking can easily account for that week.

Monique is so smart .....
07-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Just shows what I've been saying for at least a year. Pentax has outsourced too much of the USA company. I wonder if Pentax chat is provided by an outsourced customer service group - and if they're up-to-date? Or if then Facebook manager is an outsourced ad rep?

There certainly shouldn't be this much mud between the ears - Facebook, chat, Pentax Sales Rep can't even agree whether they've shipped yet.

The K-01 was similar.

07-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #20
Veteran Member

The camera shop with twin kit here has this image shown, which was supplied to them:

However the twin lens kit is as expected the AL and non WR. Definitely misleading information for some (their other shots show the 18-55WR too). In NZ it is not inconceivable for someone to purchase this product based on those images online, and dispute it as misleading information and thus be upgraded or reimbursed.

If I wasn't already clued up on the K30 kit details, I would've purchased that thinking I was getting WR and been pretty annoyed - hopefully that doesn't happen too many times.
07-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
K-30 coming to shelves this week in US, it's official!
Warehouse shelves I'm assuming. I've never seen any Pentax DSLR on a shelf in a brick and mortar store. I'm from Denver, though not there currently, which is where PRIAC headquarters is located but ironically there's not a single Pentax DSLR dealer in all of Colorado as far as I know.
07-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by FruitLooPs Quote
However the twin lens kit is as expected the AL and non WR. Definitely misleading information for some (their other shots show the 18-55WR too). In NZ it is not inconceivable for someone to purchase this product based on those images online, and dispute it as misleading information and thus be upgraded or reimbursed.

If I wasn't already clued up on the K30 kit details, I would've purchased that thinking I was getting WR and been pretty annoyed - hopefully that doesn't happen too many times.
You must be very careful what you say on this topic! You may be chastised by various members of PentaxForums, just as I was when I mentioned the same thing. You are supposed to accept the fact that all corporations in the modern world "have the right" to be misleading, especially if their very survival depends on it. Ethics is supposedly a naive, antiquated and laughable mindset of a bygone era, just like me.

The consensus seems to be that, "If you don't do your research in advance, then it's your fault for not knowing that you were being misled."

Last edited by Welfl; 07-04-2012 at 07:56 PM.
07-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #23

I understand the excitement and all, but it's a camera. Maybe possibly slightly better than a camera than a camera that was sold at a higher price point a couple years ago, but certainly not a revolutionary camera.

07-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #24

Adorama Not A PreOrder anymore?

I'm not sure if it was always this way, (I preordered at B&H), but Adorama.com doesn't list the K-30 as a pre-order.
07-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VacantBuddy Quote
I'm not sure if it was always this way, (I preordered at B&H), but Adorama.com doesn't list the K-30 as a pre-order.
Only the ones with the 18-55 L kit lens are on stock I believe, but not the body only or with any other lens. Might have to contact Adorama to confirm that the body with 18-55 L is indeed in stock. If Adorama do truly have it in stock then BHPhotovideo is not too far away because they are both possibly the biggest US camera retailers online.
07-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Welfl Quote
You must be very careful what you say on this topic! You may be chastised by various members of PentaxForums, just as I was when I mentioned the same thing. You are supposed to accept the fact that all corporations in the modern world "have the right" to be misleading, especially if their very survival depends on it. Ethics is supposedly a naive, antiquated and laughable mindset of a bygone era, just like me.

The consensus seems to be that, "If you don't do your research in advance, then it's your fault for not knowing that you were being misled."
If you are talking about me, I wasn't chastising anyone. I never wrote that Pentax has the right to mislead anyone. I did write that people making large ticket item purchases are apt to research them on the internet before doing so. I also wrote that I think that Pentax has the right to offer the K-30 with non WR lenses. That's all.
07-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
If you are talking about me, I wasn't chastising anyone. I never wrote that Pentax has the right to mislead anyone. I did write that people making large ticket item purchases are apt to research them on the internet before doing so. I also wrote that I think that Pentax has the right to offer the K-30 with non WR lenses. That's all.
There have been a number of people who have disagreed with me on this topic. I wasn't necessarily singling you out of the crowd, although I will admit the "do-your-research" part of my comment does resemble what you wrote a few days ago.

Last edited by Welfl; 07-04-2012 at 11:34 PM.
07-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Welfl Quote
There have been a number of people who have disagreed with me on this topic. I wasn't necessarily singling you out of the crowd, although I will admit the "do-your-research" part of my comment does resemble what you wrote a few days ago.
What I wrote wasn't pollyannaish, Mr. Sunshine.

P.S. BH has the 18-55 WR for $180 now. So the upgrade from plastic mount, no quick shift, no WR, no hood to metal mount, quick shift, WR and hood is $130. You also get that green stripe.

Last edited by lammie200; 07-05-2012 at 01:54 PM.