Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jdmccol Quote
Just got my extended warranty from B&H. The card looks different than the one pictured on the B&H site.
The front says "PENTAX A Ricoh Company Interchangeable Lens Camera Extended Warranty"
The fine print says it's valid for a new "PENTAX RICOH Interchangeable Lens Camera" Doesn't say anything about
any specific type like K series.

Also mentions this site:

Product Repair & Service - PENTAX Imaging USA
Thanks for the update. I wrote to Helen at Adorama, told her about the discrepancy and that I do not trust Randall (sorry but that's my choice based on my experience), and asked her to check into the warranty issue. Still waiting, I think your description of what it says means it covers all their detachable lens cameras - K mount, Q Mount too. I'll let folks know when, and if, I hear from Helen.

07-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #62
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I am pretty sure that both of these:
Pentax 2 Years Extended Warranty for K5/ KX/KR DSLR 80227
Pentax Two-Year Extended Warranty for the K5 and KR Digital

Are also valid for the K-30. Hoping for confirmation!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #63
Adorama Camera Representative

This is the LATEST info I have. Waiting to find out from our purchasing dept. if we have a new SKU# for it.

If you've already purchased a warranty from us and it is incorrect, don't worry; I will find out how to change it to this one. Just drop me an email with your order details: Helen@adorama.com

Dear Helen,

Thank you for contacting PENTAX.

Our corporate office informed me this morning that the K-Series DSLR Extended Warranty (product number 80227) is now available for the K30 camera. If you purchase the warranty from us directly by calling the technical support center at the number below, the cost is $99.95 (plus tax and mailing cost). You should purchase the warranty within 30 days from the date of the camera purchase. You do not have to purchase the warranty from the same dealer who sold you the camera.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Randall S.
PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION /
PHONE: 800.234.0276 /800.877.0155 / BE INTERESTING. PENTAX
07-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #64
Moo

Anyone know if anything similar is available in the UK? Various retailers seem to offer their own 2 or 3 year warranties, but I haven't seen any mention of an official warranty.

07-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #65

QuoteOriginally posted by helen oster Quote
if you purchase the warranty from us directly..., the cost is $99.95 (plus tax and mailing cost)
$99.95???????????????
07-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #66

QuoteOriginally posted by Welfl Quote
$99.95???????????????
Yes, that was my reaction!

Our Pentax purchasing manager should be back in the office tomorrow and I'll ask him to check it out.
07-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #67

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Yes, that was my reaction!
I'm glad to know I'm not alone in my opinion.

Our Pentax purchasing manager should be back in the office tomorrow and I'll ask him to check it out.
Thank you. If $99.95 turns out to be the actual price, I will probably cancel my plans to buy a K-30 and any other Pentax that goes with that particular warranty, mostly for the principle, but also because it will push the final price just a bit higher than I am willing to pay. Why? Because I don't need a DSLR. I've just been wanting one to play with.

One could hope against hope that the first 9 is just a typo.
07-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #68
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This is the LATEST info I have. Waiting to find out from our purchasing dept. if we have a new SKU# for it.

If you've already purchased a warranty from us and it is incorrect, don't worry; I will find out how to change it to this one. Just drop me an email with your order details: Helen@adorama.com

Dear Helen,

Thank you for contacting PENTAX.

Our corporate office informed me this morning that the K-Series DSLR Extended Warranty (product number 80227) is now available for the K30 camera. If you purchase the warranty from us directly by calling the technical support center at the number below, the cost is $99.95 (plus tax and mailing cost). You should purchase the warranty within 30 days from the date of the camera purchase. You do not have to purchase the warranty from the same dealer who sold you the camera.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Randall S.
PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION /
PHONE: 800.234.0276 /800.877.0155 / BE INTERESTING. PENTAX
Thanks Helen!! Another big plus for Adorama.

BTW, the #80227 IS the product that we have been pointing out - Pentax 2 Years Extended Warranty for K5/ KX/KR DSLR 80227

Again, two different stories within as many days from Randall. Pentax USA's Store sells it for $99, but Adorama sells it for $19!!

07-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #69

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Pentax USA's Store sells it for $99, but Adorama sells it for $19!!
I was hoping someone would say that (maybe) only Pentax itself is charging $99.95 for the warranty, but other retailers aren't. Let's sincerely hope that is true.
07-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #70
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Welfl Quote
I was hoping someone would say that (maybe) only Pentax itself is charging $99.95 for the warranty, but other retailers aren't. Let's sincerely hope that is true.
I'm sorry I didn't say this before but that has always been the case. It was so when I bought my K-5. Pentax USA Sales has always been the most expensive, for everything, as far as I can tell. The Extended Warranty was $19 when I bought it from Adorama for the K-5 and was $99 from Pentax. It's no different now.
07-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #71

I'm sorry I didn't say this before but that has always been the case. It was so when I bought my K-5. Pentax USA Sales has always been the most expensive, for everything, as far as I can tell. The Extended Warranty was $19 when I bought it from Adorama for the K-5 and was $99 from Pentax. It's no different now.
Thank you for that clarification. I guess I'm back in the market for a K-30 (more or less ).
07-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #72

I bought 80227 from Adorama, so I'm covered correct for the K30???

Thanks in advance
07-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #73
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Condor637 Quote
I bought 80227 from Adorama, so I'm covered correct for the K30???

Thanks in advance
From what the warranty card says and what Helen got from Pentax USA this weekend - yes.
07-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #74

From what the warranty card says and what Helen got from Pentax USA this weekend - yes.
Thanks
07-16-2012, 05:51 AM - 1 Like   #75

Just had a confirmation that $99.95 is the price directly from Pentax, but it may be discounted by some retailers