Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #76

No warrenty in VA or FL??

I just purchased the K-5. Since I had yet to see a K-5 in person, yep I bought based off of the great reviews on this and other sites, I and wanted to hold one before I bought my accessories and the extended warranty.

I know this is a K-30 discussion, but from my read the K-5/30 warranties are the same or will likely turn out to be the same.

I am about to order the Adorama warranty today and I see that this 2 year extended warranty is not offered in VA. Which is where I am currently living.

My question is, "How do they know?". Has anyone utilized their extended warranty? Does your warranty card come with your home address? Can I just get this shipped to a friends house out of state? And later on if I try to utilize the warranty, from a VA shipping address, will they still honor it?

Yes I am attempting to stretch the system, but I feel this involves some stupid state regulation that I definitely did not get a chance to vote on. Honestly who would vote for a bill, policy, law that limits extended warranty offers to residents? Guessing the language presented to vote upon was misleading as usual.

08-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve_093 Quote
I just purchased the K-5. Since I had yet to see a K-5 in person, yep I bought based off of the great reviews on this and other sites, I and wanted to hold one before I bought my accessories and the extended warranty.

I know this is a K-30 discussion, but from my read the K-5/30 warranties are the same or will likely turn out to be the same.

I am about to order the Adorama warranty today and I see that this 2 year extended warranty is not offered in VA. Which is where I am currently living.

My question is, "How do they know?". Has anyone utilized their extended warranty? Does your warranty card come with your home address? Can I just get this shipped to a friends house out of state? And later on if I try to utilize the warranty, from a VA shipping address, will they still honor it?

Yes I am attempting to stretch the system, but I feel this involves some stupid state regulation that I definitely did not get a chance to vote on. Honestly who would vote for a bill, policy, law that limits extended warranty offers to residents? Guessing the language presented to vote upon was misleading as usual.
Receipt has the location of purchase, return address for warranty service, etc. You have to include your invoice/receipt with the warranty card for warranty service (I just went through it with my Grip and they DO check).
08-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Receipt has the location of purchase, return address for warranty service, etc. You have to include your invoice/receipt with the warranty card for warranty service (I just went through it with my Grip and they DO check).
copy of - keep the original....

08-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
copy of - keep the original....

Right, keep the originals (you have to send in copies of both the camera receipt and the warranty receipt if on two different receipts)

08-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #80
Site Supporter

I did send an email to B&H asking if they had the warranty and got this reply"
Hello , my name is Dan W:
Thank you for contacting the B&H E-Mail Sales Department.
This one covers the K30 and a few other models:
PEEWK5 <----- Please cut and paste (or type) this into the search box on our website and click "Go"
Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.
Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Dan W
B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio
The Professional's Source.
E-Mail Sales Department
B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders
They have since modified the listing to add the K-30.