Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
07-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stmba Quote
Does anyone have more specific info on getting the extended warranty from BH? The only one that I find on their site still does not specifically mention the K30. Thanks!
Helen from Adorama answered that earlier in this thread. It doesn't matter which company you buy each from.

07-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #47

Right-o. I went back and reread those posts again. Thanks.
I went ahead and ordered the warranty from Adorama. I think BH has the exact same warranty listing. Neither place currently expressly states that it IS for the K30 but I will go on Helen's affirmation.
07-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stmba Quote
Right-o. I went back and reread those posts again. Thanks.
I went ahead and ordered the warranty from Adorama. I think BH has the exact same warranty listing. Neither place currently expressly states that it IS for the K30 but I will go on Helen's affirmation.
Good. Glad it was helpful.
07-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

All,

I got this e-mail form PENTAX today.

------------------------

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting PENTAX.

No extended warranty is currently being offered for the K-30. PENTAX Japan has not informed us if one will be available to purchase in the future.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Randall S.
PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION /
PHONE: 800.234.0276 /800.877.0155 / BE INTERESTING. PENTAX

Your Email:
is this also for k-30
Pentax 2 Years Extended Warranty for K5/ KX/KR DSLR 80227

07-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fredra Quote
All,

I got this e-mail form PENTAX today.

------------------------

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting PENTAX.

No extended warranty is currently being offered for the K-30. PENTAX Japan has not informed us if one will be available to purchase in the future.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Randall S.
PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION /
PHONE: 800.234.0276 /800.877.0155 / BE INTERESTING. PENTAX

Your Email:
is this also for k-30
Pentax 2 Years Extended Warranty for K5/ KX/KR DSLR 80227
I'm really sorry to say this but I don't believe him (I do believe that you got that response fron Pentax USA). Randall has provided bum answers, sometimes with an attitude on the side, before. I believe Helen from Adorama who responded earlier in this thread. Also, the extended warraties are Country specific.

I've emailed Helen asking her to look further into this and will report back when she responds.

Last edited by Docrwm; 07-12-2012 at 04:41 PM.
07-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I'm really sorry to say this but I don't believe him (I do believe that you got that response fron Pentax USA). Randall has provided bum answers, sometimes with an attitude on the side
I've gotten the impression that Pentax is a company where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.
07-12-2012, 04:39 PM - 1 Like   #52
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
I've gotten the impression that Pentax is a company where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.
Yes, and would be embarassed if it did find out.

07-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Yes, and would be embarassed if it did find out.
lol...consider yourself rep'd. (Not that you need it).
07-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
lol...consider yourself rep'd. (Not that you need it).
Thanks. Randall is the one that implied to me that the diopter adjuster add-ons hadn't been produced in years. When I called him on it by referring to the page in the K-x manual that listed them he told me that Pentax Japan didn't ship them out. I got one when I apparently, inadvertently, embarassed Pentax USA by contacting Pentax Canada for one. I wouldn't believe Randall if he told me that the sky was blue - I'd look for myself! Could he be right on this? Yes, but then again - even a broken clock is right twice a day.
07-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Even if Pentax does not offer the extended warranty, the response from the representative is attrocious. Good gracious, you sell the cameras, it's your business to know what the terms are!! How hard can it be to anticipate that your customers will want to know about warranty options? If Japan doesn't offer an extended warranty, partner with one of the many firms that will and recommend them to your customers. Sheesh.

Once again PRIAC demonstrates they haven't got a clue how to run a business.

Foot, meet gun. Again.
07-13-2012, 02:31 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No point buying an extended warranty in Australia as we are covered under statutory warranties. That does not stop them selling them though, but basically your a sucker as we are covered under consumer law and already pay for it with higher prices.
07-13-2012, 03:38 AM   #57
Veteran Member

I need to check I've ended up with the 2years for buying from a UK Pro Center
07-13-2012, 04:27 AM   #58
Veteran Member

A lot of credit cards will also automatically ad an extra year of protection. I have an Amazon Rewards Visa that I use for most purchases, and it automatically ads a year of warranty, And plus, if I buy the camera on Amazon, I get 3% back. So really with that extended warranty I would just get an extra year of coverage. Probably still worth it for $20, though.
07-13-2012, 05:35 AM   #59
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
No point buying an extended warranty in Australia as we are covered under statutory warranties. That does not stop them selling them though, but basically your a sucker as we are covered under consumer law and already pay for it with higher prices.
Very nice indeed. Canada gets 2 year warranties on ALL Pentax cameras. Alas, we in the US only get a 1 year warranty so the 2 year extended warranty option on the original warranty for $19 is well worth it IMHO. Hope to never need it, but if I do I will be glad I spent money for lunch on it.
07-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #60

Just got my extended warranty from B&H. The card looks different than the one pictured on the B&H site.
The front says "PENTAX A Ricoh Company Interchangeable Lens Camera Extended Warranty"
The fine print says it's valid for a new "PENTAX RICOH Interchangeable Lens Camera" Doesn't say anything about
any specific type like K series.

Also mentions this site:

Product Repair & Service - PENTAX Imaging USA