Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #16

Hi,

in the manual it states you need an adapter to use the AAs, but it does not look at it from the various photos...can anyone clarify?
Thanks!
TJWest

07-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TJWest Quote
Hi,

in the manual it states you need an adapter to use the AAs, but it does not look at it from the various photos...can anyone clarify?
Thanks!
TJWest
The K-r also looked like that, appearing not to need an adapter, but it did. The K-30 uses the same battery as the K-r and I have been told the same AA adapter. The K-r adapter from China sold for $10-15 and worked like a charm on my K-r.
07-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #18

Thanks Doc for the information!
07-07-2012, 02:49 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
The K-30 uses the same battery as the K-r and I have been told the same AA adapter.
This is confirmed by looking at the manuals for both cameras: the K-30 and K-r both use the same D-BH109 AA adapter.

07-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #20

Very nice review. Terrific photos too BTW.

It's amazing to me that outlets like that have a K-30, people get to ride a double decker bus in NYC and review the darn thing too, but the Admin/Mods here at PF haven't been given access to one. Kinda lets me know what PRIC thinks of us here at PF.
PR departments want their camera reviewed by impartial reviewers, rather than by a fansite that gave even the 18-135 an 8/10 score. Fancy that.
07-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrCynical Quote
PR departments want their camera reviewed by impartial reviewers, rather than by a fansite that gave even the 18-135 an 8/10 score. Fancy that.

Short-sighted AGAIN. It really turns me off how PRIC is behaving these days. Of course I am but one consumer, and remember we are NOT their customers, so what does it matter. I'm buying Tamron, Sigma, Tokina, and used these days.
07-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's amazing to me that outlets like that have a K-30, people get to ride a double decker bus in NYC and review the darn thing too, but the Admin/Mods here at PF haven't been given access to one. Kinda lets me know what PRIC thinks of us here at PF.
I'm sure PF will get first crack at the K-3 full frame!

07-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaximus Quote
I'm sure PF will get first crack at the K-3 full frame!
What makes you think that? All joking aside, a very large percentage of current Pentax "K" camera owners are either members here, check in here, or have read the reviews here both before and after buying their "K" camera and yet it seems the only serious pentax camera related site not to have been allowed a hands on preview opportunity.
07-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What makes you think that? All joking aside, a very large percentage of current Pentax "K" camera owners are either members here, check in here, or have read the reviews here both before and after buying their "K" camera and yet it seems the only serious pentax camera related site not to have been allowed a hands on preview opportunity.
Did PF Ask for said opportunity and was refused?

It is more a community than a review site, maybe that had something to do with it.
07-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pheo Quote
Did PF Ask for said opportunity and was refused?

It is more a community than a review site, maybe that had something to do with it.
You'd have to ask Adam. They have reviewed many Pentax releases along with the other sites. Heck some of the sites that were included in pre-release review opportunities have fewer members and lower hit rates plus are not related to Pentax in any way (and some of them only dabble in cameras at all for that matter).