Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-30 Now Shipping - Where to Buy & Free Account Upgrade

The Pentax K-30 has finally started shipping! Here are the current in-stock offerings:

B&H Photo
Adorama Camera
Abe's Of Maine
Amazon.com
Remember that whenever you buy a K-30 from Adorama or B&H by following one of the links as described in these instructions, you can PM me to receive a free account upgrade and marketplace access to sell your old gear, if needed!

Looking forward to some user reviews soon!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
Closed Account

Still waiting to see a shipment notification on my Blue body from B&H. Sure would be nice to see it in stock next week!
07-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I'd keep my fingers crossed for next week, as it doesn't look like it's being sold anywhere else yet either!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wcchamp18 Quote
Still waiting to see a shipment notification on my Blue body from B&H. Sure would be nice to see it in stock next week!
Yeah, I was upset about that. I cancelled my preorder and I ordered one with the 18-55 lens. I figured I could sell it for at least $50.
It shipped friday and I should have it on wednesday.

07-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Newegg has some too!

Newegg has the 18-55 kit available in black, blue and white with a 2-day shipping option.

Newegg.com - pentax k-30

I would like to see more retailers stock the 18-135 kit though, I believe that is the one which has the most value for first-time Pentax buyers, like me :-D
07-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #6

I would've kitted with the 18-135, but I really wanted the white. 0.o
07-13-2012, 03:28 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The price of the standalone lens has gone down a bit, so you can always get it separately now. Ends up only being slightly more expensive, but then again you don't have to worry about selling off a black K-30

Pentax SMC DA 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR Lens 21977 B&H

Adam

07-13-2012, 05:02 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

18-135 at Adoroma

The 18-135 kit is now in stock at Adorama. I am hoping B&H should have it soon as well. Ditto for the white body.
07-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Just checked and it still says:

QuoteQuote:
This is a New Item, Not in stock yet, expecting delivery from Manufacturer.
Please note: You can order this now and have us ship it as soon as it arrives.
We will not charge your card for any item, until it is ready to actually ship.
Pentax K-30 Digital SLR Camera with 18-135 WR (Weather Resistant) DA Lens, Black 15635

Adam

07-14-2012, 05:08 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's strange. I am pretty sure it was there. Yesterday, only the Blue body was being shown as unavailable. They still are showing the white body as available. Pentax K5 K-30 Digital SLR Camera Body, White 15668.

I am guessing they either have very limited quantities or the its a glitch in the site.
07-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Adorama's site is iffy at times. It doesn't always show a notice even if they don't have something.

Adam

07-20-2012, 04:10 AM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Just updated the list in the first post. Every kit is now available in at least one store!

Adam

02-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What are the chances you can negotiate some UK based affiliate links so your UK based togs can help you out as well?
02-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by edgedemon Quote
What are the chances you can negotiate some UK based affiliate links so your UK based togs can help you out as well?
I haven't heard of any non-US retailers that have affiliate programs other than regional amazon and ebay sites. If you know of any, I can certainly reach out to them, though!

Adam

05-20-2013, 05:38 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does buying from Amazon through the link above count towards account upgrades?

Thanks