Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2012, 03:05 PM - 1 Like   #1
Senior Member
misbehave's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 102
It's here!!! *Yet more pics added 7/20/2012*






Not that much bigger than my long time partner here.

Now all I need is a high speed SDHC card and I will be out of the house.


Last edited by misbehave; 07-20-2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: add more pics
07-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Pentaxian
LeDave's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis - St. Paul
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,904
Congrats!!!!! Now go out there and enjoy that beautiful camera and lens.
07-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Congratulations! SanDisk class 10 cards rock!
07-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,855
QuoteOriginally posted by misbehave Quote
Not that much bigger than my long time partner here.
Congratulations on your K-30.

I never realised before how little the size difference was between a K-30 and some of the bridge cameras like your Lumix, even with a lens on the K-30. Interesting

07-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member
pentaximus's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Covington, Georgia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 915
Sweet! I wish one was on the way to me!
07-10-2012, 02:32 AM   #6
Senior Member
misbehave's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 102
Original Poster
Some first shots:














07-10-2012, 02:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member
FruitLooPs's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 434
Good stuff mate! I see you're following the animal photo tradition for the K-30 nicely :P haha

Some nice nightscapes too, I sometimes wish lived in a more built up city for this reason.
07-10-2012, 02:52 AM   #8
Senior Member
misbehave's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 102
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FruitLooPs Quote
Good stuff mate! I see you're following the animal photo tradition for the K-30 nicely :P haha

Some nice nightscapes too, I sometimes wish lived in a more built up city for this reason.

Thanks! And yeah, the majority of my photos are my pets pics.
The Seattle nightscapes were taken about an hour ago. It was so cold and windy at the waterfront tonight, really had hard time trying to focus.
And I guess I probably need a better and more stable tripod.

My wife was like "WTF are you doing sneeking out alone at night for....."

07-10-2012, 05:27 AM   #9
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by misbehave Quote
Thanks! And yeah, the majority of my photos are my pets pics.
The Seattle nightscapes were taken about an hour ago. It was so cold and windy at the waterfront tonight, really had hard time trying to focus.
And I guess I probably need a better and more stable tripod.

My wife was like "WTF are you doing sneeking out alone at night for....."
LBA is a harsh mistress
07-10-2012, 05:36 AM   #10
Banned




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charleston & Pittsburgh
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,683
Like the K30 body, but...

The Pentax lens has a good focal length range, but that telephoto aperature is unfortunately a bit on the wrong end of the scale for my preferances. But if one can deal with it, then great. You'll see the image results go through the roof once a second lens option is added.
07-14-2012, 02:21 AM   #11
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,352
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Like the K30 body, but...

The Pentax lens has a good focal length range, but that telephoto aperature is unfortunately a bit on the wrong end of the scale for my preferances. But if one can deal with it, then great. You'll see the image results go through the roof once a second lens option is added.
I'm sure better glass will show the K-30's abilities to better effect, but to my mind the 18-135WR and the K-30 go together like Fred and Ginger, or anejo tequila and gouda cheese.
07-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 311
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Like the K30 body, but...

The Pentax lens has a good focal length range, but that telephoto aperature is unfortunately a bit on the wrong end of the scale for my preferances. But if one can deal with it, then great. You'll see the image results go through the roof once a second lens option is added.
What lens are you looking for? 17mm on the wide end or longer tele?
07-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #13
Senior Member
misbehave's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 102
Original Poster
What a perfect DSLR for a boat trip!
I could just jump out of the water after swimming and handle the camera right the way without worrying about getting it wet.
And the kids thought they could scare me with their water-pistols. Not gonna to happen when my camera is a Pentax.

Lake Lewisville near Dallas, TX.































07-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #14
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 87
Nice John, keep them coming! The portrait of the kids turned out lovely!
07-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #15
Senior Member
misbehave's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 102
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TJWest Quote
Nice John, keep them coming! The portrait of the kids turned out lovely!
Thanks! Uploading more pics now.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-30, k-50, pentax k30, pentax k50
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:30 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top