Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2013, 07:53 PM - 1 Like   #151
Veteran Member
Julie's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Illinois
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,067
QuoteOriginally posted by Dean31 Quote
So easy, a caveman can do it!
Yeah, sexy blue twins!




01-02-2013, 07:59 PM - 2 Likes   #152
Veteran Member
EarlVonTapia's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Vancouver
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,152


This picture was taken in the middle of a frozen lake, shortly after midnight on January 1, 2013, using my blue Pentax K30 and the DA 18-55 WR. A tripod was used so I could use the camera timer and get myself into the picture (far left). I don't have a flash, and the onboard flash would have ruined the picture, so we laid our headlamps down in the snow and pointed them up to illuminate us.

The temperature was -12 celsius. The camera buttons were sticky, and the camera itself was responding kind of sluggishly, I'm assuming from the cold. Nevertheless, it powered through and helped deliver one of my first shots of 2013.

The K30 performed admirably during the entire two days I spent in the frozen wilderness. I could not be happier with my camera!
01-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #153
Veteran Member
Julie's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Illinois
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,067
So, my new toy (K-01 w/ DA 40 XS) arrived today...

Trying out the 40 XS on the K-30 while the K-01 battery charges...










The lens may be extremely ugly, but IQ doesn't seem that bad... Still, I think I prefer my DA 40 Limited...
01-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #154
Site Supporter
loco's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,844
Some nice and inventive shots!! Great work, folks!

01-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #155
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,378
QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote

This picture was taken in the middle of a frozen lake, shortly after midnight on January 1, 2013, using my blue Pentax K30 and the DA 18-55 WR. A tripod was used so I could use the camera timer and get myself into the picture (far left). I don't have a flash, and the onboard flash would have ruined the picture, so we laid our headlamps down in the snow and pointed them up to illuminate us.

The temperature was -12 celsius. The camera buttons were sticky, and the camera itself was responding kind of sluggishly, I'm assuming from the cold. Nevertheless, it powered through and helped deliver one of my first shots of 2013.

The K30 performed admirably during the entire two days I spent in the frozen wilderness. I could not be happier with my camera!
I really like this shot. The background looks incredible.
01-04-2013, 07:01 PM - 2 Likes   #156
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12
some pics

Hey guys I just got into DSLR photography when I got this sick camera for Xmas here's some shots i've got so far, tell me what you think of them.

PS All taken with the 18-55mm kit lens, just received the Takumar 1:1.8 55mm and I am LOVING the manual focusing
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo   
01-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #157
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Prince George, BC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,342
@rmat - Welcome. Nice stuff. Sure looks like the Bennett Bridge to me.

Jack
01-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #158
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12
@Jack

that's the one luckily that day there was a break in the clouds, haven't had one since. Here's one i got with my new lens last night doing slow exposures in the dark (No PP!)

PS: any criticism to help make my photos better is welcomed

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
01-05-2013, 06:57 PM - 2 Likes   #159
Site Supporter
K McCall's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 798
My family was awesome enough to stuff my stocking with enough $1 bills to buy a new K30 for Christmas, but then I had to wait for it to be delivered. The agony! I finally got out to shoot with it yesterday afternoon and this morning. I'd had my K200D since March 2008, and it feels like an extension of my self. The K30 is going to take some getting used to - I kept turning the front dial when I meant to turn the camera off, (and I'd set that dial to adjust ISO, so I'd end up with 12800 ISO). I also kept accidentally turning the EV compensation down when I wanted to adjust the AF point. Hopefully I'll get used to the mechanics of things because I LOVE what I'm getting from this sensor.

I got this one the first night the camera was delivered with the FA 43mm:


These two I got this morning with the D-FA 100mm Macro:



01-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #160
Veteran Member
Pepe Le Pew's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 589
K-30 with WR 18-55 lense

01-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #161
Loyal Site Supporter
pbancr's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Essex, Connecticut
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,117
QuoteOriginally posted by K McCall Quote
My family was awesome enough to stuff my stocking with enough $1 bills to buy a new K30 for Christmas, but then I had to wait for it to be delivered. The agony! I finally got out to shoot with it yesterday afternoon and this morning. I'd had my K200D since March 2008, and it feels like an extension of my self. The K30 is going to take some getting used to - I kept turning the front dial when I meant to turn the camera off, (and I'd set that dial to adjust ISO, so I'd end up with 12800 ISO). I also kept accidentally turning the EV compensation down when I wanted to adjust the AF point. Hopefully I'll get used to the mechanics of things because I LOVE what I'm getting from this sensor.

I got this one the first night the camera was delivered with the FA 43mm:


These two I got this morning with the D-FA 100mm Macro:


All 3 are good but I especially like the first one. Great capture!
01-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #162
Junior Member
ooblyboo's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 33
QuoteOriginally posted by K McCall Quote
My family was awesome enough to stuff my stocking with enough $1 bills to buy a new K30 for Christmas, but then I had to wait for it to be delivered. The agony! I finally got out to shoot with it yesterday afternoon and this morning. I'd had my K200D since March 2008, and it feels like an extension of my self. The K30 is going to take some getting used to - I kept turning the front dial when I meant to turn the camera off, (and I'd set that dial to adjust ISO, so I'd end up with 12800 ISO). I also kept accidentally turning the EV compensation down when I wanted to adjust the AF point. Hopefully I'll get used to the mechanics of things because I LOVE what I'm getting from this sensor.

I got this one the first night the camera was delivered with the FA 43mm:


These two I got this morning with the D-FA 100mm Macro:


These are great - particularly the first one.
01-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #163
Junior Member
ooblyboo's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 33
Wire wool

Some shots I took in an abandoned building in London using burning wire wool:





01-06-2013, 03:24 PM - 5 Likes   #164
Veteran Member
EarlVonTapia's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Vancouver
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,152
QuoteOriginally posted by john5100 Quote
I really like this shot. The background looks incredible.
Thank you! I consider it one of my best shots so far. It was a good learning experience all around.

I want to share another picture from that night, taken a couple of shots before my earlier shared picture (the camera was in the same spot, but pointed right. Notice the angle of the moonlight). This was actually just a test shot - I was playing with the settings and trying to see which ones worked best for the conditions at the time. I didn't think much of it. However, last night I was reviewing some photos and gave it another look. I decided it might have potential, so I popped it into Lightroom and played around with the sliders.

And that's why I labelled it as a "surprise", because I was surprised at how well it turned out.

K30 + DA 18-55 WR + tripod

01-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #165
Site Supporter
K McCall's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 798
QuoteOriginally posted by ooblyboo Quote
Some shots I took in an abandoned building in London using burning wire wool:





The burning wire in the first photo looks just like a camera!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
1st, april, color, flickr, friends, fun, ice, image, jun, k-30, k-30 photos, k-50, lens, lol, macro, nature, pentax, pentax k30, pentax k50, picture, pm, post, shots, story, tamron70-300mm, week, woods
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your 85mm 1.4 Photos! (1.4 ONLY!) PentaxForums-User Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 40 05-08-2014 04:33 PM
Post your Q photos/videos here. Clicker Pentax Q 2 02-08-2012 08:06 PM
Thematic Post your Ricoh photos! johnmflores Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 14 07-04-2011 01:01 AM
Where do I post photos that need help? KierraElizabeth Site Suggestions and Help 2 01-08-2011 10:45 AM
Travel 10 photos accepted in PPG (10 photos, larger post) tcom Post Your Photos! 22 01-22-2010 07:37 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:12 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top