Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2013, 03:48 AM   #1141
Senior Member
Doctor X's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bucharest
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 155


And yet another pano:



09-16-2013, 11:12 AM - 1 Like   #1142
Junior Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Normandie
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 25
Some photos I took with my F 35-70 at a veteran car show yesterday.
Attached Images
 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
09-16-2013, 03:01 PM - 1 Like   #1143
Jon
Senior Member
Jon's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Goodyear, AZ
Posts: 145
09-16-2013, 06:33 PM - 1 Like   #1144
Senior Member
Cabessius's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ibiza, Spain
Posts: 164
Cross posted from The Tammy Club, a podarcis pityusensis that appeared in my garden (millions of them here!). Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro.



09-18-2013, 03:48 PM - 2 Likes   #1145
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,871


K30+DA18-55 WR

Ok.
I admit that I'm bonkers to do this and its beyond what WR is supposed to cover.
Won't advise anyone to use their camera this way.
Maybe with a plastic bag over the camera with the end at the lens side and taped up or secured with strong rubber bands would be far safer, since any leakage would be minimal and lack the water pressure to push into the seals.

I did inspect the camera later to check for water ingress, and the one securing the shutter release was a bit wet on the inside.
I do plug/unplug that seal often for remote shutter use, so the risk is certainly there (esp. if I forgot or did not pug it back in well)
09-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #1146
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 161
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
I admit that I'm bonkers to do this and its beyond what WR is supposed to cover.
I have to say you are:
very brave or
simply don't mind losing $500, if that is the case, can you send me $500 to my paypal account please?
09-19-2013, 04:41 AM   #1147
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 337
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote

K30+DA18-55 WR

Ok.
I admit that I'm bonkers to do this and its beyond what WR is supposed to cover.
Won't advise anyone to use their camera this way.
Maybe with a plastic bag over the camera with the end at the lens side and taped up or secured with strong rubber bands would be far safer, since any leakage would be minimal and lack the water pressure to push into the seals.

I did inspect the camera later to check for water ingress, and the one securing the shutter release was a bit wet on the inside.
I do plug/unplug that seal often for remote shutter use, so the risk is certainly there (esp. if I forgot or did not pug it back in well)
As you suggest, the K-30 is water resistant and not 100% waterproof. Nice underwater capture though, and a memorable desktop or wall photo of the young lady having fun. And that's what it's all about ;>)

PS: I won't try this at home without that sealed bag you were talking about ..

Rite
09-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #1148
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 337
QuoteOriginally posted by Doctor X Quote



And yet another pano:
----------------------------------------

Was this on a tripod? You had to get up early for this one I see, and a great effort. Perhaps a quick in-camera Hi/Low Key adjustment to enhance the shadow detail, which can still be done if the photo is still on the SD.

Play with Custom Image - > INFO (paramater adjustment) - > Hi/Low key.

Rite ..

09-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #1149
Senior Member
Doctor X's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bucharest
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 155
QuoteOriginally posted by Rite Quote
----------------------------------------

Was this on a tripod? You had to get up early for this one I see, and a great effort. Perhaps a quick in-camera Hi/Low Key adjustment to enhance the shadow detail, which can still be done if the photo is still on the SD.

Play with Custom Image - > INFO (paramater adjustment) - > Hi/Low key.

Rite ..
No tripod was used (although I had one in my backpack) and it's actually a sunset, so there was no effort at all from my part.

Thanks for the tip with the high/low key adjustment. I never tried it before, but I guess it's worth a shot, although too much shadow detail in low light could look unnatural in some cases.
09-20-2013, 03:15 PM - 4 Likes   #1150
Veteran Member
NickLarsson's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,390

09-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #1151
Loyal Site Supporter
Jacquot's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,212
Nice one Nick, film colors.
09-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #1152
Junior Member
T.P.S.'s Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 35
My K-30 is a Chargers fan, too!

Going through my collectibles while packing and decided to tinker with a little depth of field.

K-30 with 18-55mm DA WR kit lens.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
09-20-2013, 06:47 PM - 1 Like   #1153
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elida, Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,433

09-21-2013, 02:24 AM   #1154
Senior Member
Doctor X's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bucharest
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 155
Feeding seagulls on the ferry to Thasos, Greece:



09-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #1155
Loyal Site Supporter
Jacquot's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,212
Wyeth House on Monhegan Island, Maine on a beautiful day. 21mm.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
1st, april, color, flickr, friends, fun, ice, image, jun, k-30, k-30 photos, k-50, lens, lol, macro, nature, pentax, pentax k30, pentax k50, picture, pm, post, shots, story, tamron70-300mm, week, woods
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your 85mm 1.4 Photos! (1.4 ONLY!) PentaxForums-User Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 40 05-08-2014 04:33 PM
Post your Q photos/videos here. Clicker Pentax Q 2 02-08-2012 08:06 PM
Thematic Post your Ricoh photos! johnmflores Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 14 07-04-2011 01:01 AM
Where do I post photos that need help? KierraElizabeth Site Suggestions and Help 2 01-08-2011 10:45 AM
Travel 10 photos accepted in PPG (10 photos, larger post) tcom Post Your Photos! 22 01-22-2010 07:37 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:40 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top