Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dean31 Quote
So easy, a caveman can do it!
Yeah, sexy blue twins!

01-02-2013, 07:59 PM - 2 Likes   #152
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

This picture was taken in the middle of a frozen lake, shortly after midnight on January 1, 2013, using my blue Pentax K30 and the DA 18-55 WR. A tripod was used so I could use the camera timer and get myself into the picture (far left). I don't have a flash, and the onboard flash would have ruined the picture, so we laid our headlamps down in the snow and pointed them up to illuminate us.

The temperature was -12 celsius. The camera buttons were sticky, and the camera itself was responding kind of sluggishly, I'm assuming from the cold. Nevertheless, it powered through and helped deliver one of my first shots of 2013.

The K30 performed admirably during the entire two days I spent in the frozen wilderness. I could not be happier with my camera!
01-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #153
Veteran Member

So, my new toy (K-01 w/ DA 40 XS) arrived today...

Trying out the 40 XS on the K-30 while the K-01 battery charges...

The lens may be extremely ugly, but IQ doesn't seem that bad... Still, I think I prefer my DA 40 Limited...
01-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #154
Veteran Member

Some nice and inventive shots!! Great work, folks!

01-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #155
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote

This picture was taken in the middle of a frozen lake, shortly after midnight on January 1, 2013, using my blue Pentax K30 and the DA 18-55 WR. A tripod was used so I could use the camera timer and get myself into the picture (far left). I don't have a flash, and the onboard flash would have ruined the picture, so we laid our headlamps down in the snow and pointed them up to illuminate us.

The temperature was -12 celsius. The camera buttons were sticky, and the camera itself was responding kind of sluggishly, I'm assuming from the cold. Nevertheless, it powered through and helped deliver one of my first shots of 2013.

The K30 performed admirably during the entire two days I spent in the frozen wilderness. I could not be happier with my camera!
I really like this shot. The background looks incredible.
01-04-2013, 07:01 PM - 2 Likes   #156

some pics

Hey guys I just got into DSLR photography when I got this sick camera for Xmas here's some shots i've got so far, tell me what you think of them.

PS All taken with the 18-55mm kit lens, just received the Takumar 1:1.8 55mm and I am LOVING the manual focusing
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo   
01-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #157
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@rmat - Welcome. Nice stuff. Sure looks like the Bennett Bridge to me.

Jack

01-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #158

@Jack

that's the one luckily that day there was a break in the clouds, haven't had one since. Here's one i got with my new lens last night doing slow exposures in the dark (No PP!)

PS: any criticism to help make my photos better is welcomed
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
01-05-2013, 06:57 PM - 2 Likes   #159
Veteran Member

My family was awesome enough to stuff my stocking with enough $1 bills to buy a new K30 for Christmas, but then I had to wait for it to be delivered. The agony! I finally got out to shoot with it yesterday afternoon and this morning. I'd had my K200D since March 2008, and it feels like an extension of my self. The K30 is going to take some getting used to - I kept turning the front dial when I meant to turn the camera off, (and I'd set that dial to adjust ISO, so I'd end up with 12800 ISO). I also kept accidentally turning the EV compensation down when I wanted to adjust the AF point. Hopefully I'll get used to the mechanics of things because I LOVE what I'm getting from this sensor.

I got this one the first night the camera was delivered with the FA 43mm:

These two I got this morning with the D-FA 100mm Macro:

01-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #160
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K-30 with WR 18-55 lense

01-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #161
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K McCall Quote
My family was awesome enough to stuff my stocking with enough $1 bills to buy a new K30 for Christmas, but then I had to wait for it to be delivered. The agony! I finally got out to shoot with it yesterday afternoon and this morning. I'd had my K200D since March 2008, and it feels like an extension of my self. The K30 is going to take some getting used to - I kept turning the front dial when I meant to turn the camera off, (and I'd set that dial to adjust ISO, so I'd end up with 12800 ISO). I also kept accidentally turning the EV compensation down when I wanted to adjust the AF point. Hopefully I'll get used to the mechanics of things because I LOVE what I'm getting from this sensor.

All 3 are good but I especially like the first one. Great capture!
01-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #162

QuoteOriginally posted by K McCall Quote

These are great - particularly the first one.
01-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #163

Wire wool

Some shots I took in an abandoned building in London using burning wire wool:

01-06-2013, 03:24 PM - 5 Likes   #164
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by john5100 Quote
I really like this shot. The background looks incredible.
Thank you! I consider it one of my best shots so far. It was a good learning experience all around.

I want to share another picture from that night, taken a couple of shots before my earlier shared picture (the camera was in the same spot, but pointed right. Notice the angle of the moonlight). This was actually just a test shot - I was playing with the settings and trying to see which ones worked best for the conditions at the time. I didn't think much of it. However, last night I was reviewing some photos and gave it another look. I decided it might have potential, so I popped it into Lightroom and played around with the sliders.

And that's why I labelled it as a "surprise", because I was surprised at how well it turned out.

K30 + DA 18-55 WR + tripod

01-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #165
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ooblyboo Quote
Some shots I took in an abandoned building in London using burning wire wool:

The burning wire in the first photo looks just like a camera!