Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2013, 09:26 PM - 1 Like   #781

was practicing Heie's guide on reducing handshake at slower shutter speeds..

1/20 ƒ/11 ISO 100 78 mm

06-05-2013, 10:07 PM - 1 Like   #782
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess it is time to post some photos here

06-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #783
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Markooo Quote
was practicing Heie's guide on reducing handshake at slower shutter speeds..
Upside down? Original
06-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #784
Forum Member

Taken in Liverpool city centre

06-06-2013, 08:19 AM - 2 Likes   #785

Istanbul

Hello fellow Pentaxians!
This is my first post in the K-30 section. I've been enjoying this camera A LOT ever since I bought it last November. My K-x has been boxed up ever since. Shooting is just a joy. Here are a few shots I took from my trip to Istanbul in December last year.

Hagia Sophia (Ayasofia) interior. Shot with Sigma 10-20mm f3.5.

Streets of Taksim. Shot with Tamron 28-75mm f2.8.

Some kids piggy-back a ride on the Nostalgic Tram in Taksim. Shot with Tamron 28-75mm f2.8.

06-06-2013, 04:30 PM - 2 Likes   #786

I recently got a K-30 with the 18-135 WR lens, my first experience with a DSLR, still figuring it out. I'm not very good at matching settings to conditions on the fly, but got a chance to put the weather sealing to the test at the beach a couple days ago and am pleased with how some of the shots turned out. The second one, I was standing about two feet behind the guy as he was getting set to jump off the end of the pier where you see the wave breaking in the first shot. I felt like a complete bad ass not having to backpedal like everybody else to keep the camera dry as the water came up. Looking forward to getting better at this.

1/1000 ISO 100 f/9 135mm

1/1000 ISO 100 f/7 18mm
06-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #787
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Weldon Berger Quote
I recently got a K-30 with the 18-135 WR lens, my first experience with a DSLR, still figuring it out. I'm not very good at matching settings to conditions on the fly, but got a chance to put the weather sealing to the test at the beach a couple days ago and am pleased with how some of the shots turned out. The second one, I was standing about two feet behind the guy as he was getting set to jump off the end of the pier where you see the wave breaking in the first shot. I felt like a complete bad ass not having to backpedal like everybody else to keep the camera dry as the water came up. Looking forward to getting better at this.

1/1000 ISO 100 f/9 135mm

1/1000 ISO 100 f/7 18mm
Love the water shot..i just have my kit lenses which are not WR.Cant wait to get one and try something like this shot..

06-07-2013, 01:20 AM   #788
Veteran Member

I recently changed from shooting RAW back to JPG, because I simply got depressed over the thought of postprocessing while shooting. It got so bad, I sometimes actually left my camera at home because I did not want to spend the time on postprocessing afterwards.

Therefore I now want to share some of those new in-camera-jpeg shots with you.
All taken with the DA 55-300 that I just purchased (and like a lot!).

The clocktower in my hometown in Graz / Austria after/before a nice storm:

2 of my best friends and awesome metal musicians living the dream of being HEAVY during a BBQ

And from the same BBQ, a shot taken at high ISO after dark.
Still amazing for me how well ISO6400 works in the K-30!
06-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #789
Forum Member

Actually, shooting in RAW gives lot more freedom. I have a habit that I spend the least time I need to process my shots. And I'm glad that I shoot in RAW so I can fix few things, that could not be done in JPEG. Not to mention, that having complete control over the developing of the images is another tool. However, I can't stand overprocessed images, and therefore I built up this habit
06-07-2013, 01:39 AM   #790
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by szmatefy Quote
Actually, shooting in RAW gives lot more freedom. I have a habit that I spend the least time I need to process my shots. And I'm glad that I shoot in RAW so I can fix few things, that could not be done in JPEG. Not to mention, that having complete control over the developing of the images is another tool. However, I can't stand overprocessed images, and therefore I built up this habit
I totally agree! I noticed a difference between my shots in RAW and JPEG of course, especially when my exposure time is slightly off... but that's a limitation I gladly take.
I never liked photoshop and similar programs, so anyhow I was only using the Pentax software. But still, it takes a little bit of time that I am just not willing to spend anymore, even if my pictures in RAW were better.

I only shoot RAW nowadays if I have a dedicated "shoot" that I do, for other people.
E.g. tonight I will be taking live pictures of a band (the guys in the second pic), and for this I will take the time to shoot RAW so that THEY can get the better results.
For pictures I only take for MYSELF, JPEG is enough.
06-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #791

QuoteOriginally posted by sujo78 Quote
Love the water shot..i just have my kit lenses which are not WR. Cant wait to get one and try something like this shot..
Thanks. The physical sturdiness is liberating, for sure.
06-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #792
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wullemaha Quote
...I simply got depressed over the thought of postprocessing while shooting. It got so bad, I sometimes actually left my camera at home because I did not want to spend the time on postprocessing afterwards.
I was the same way, especially in my earlier Nikon days, but now that Lightroom 5 is out, PP work is easier and more powerful than I've ever imagined. I actually look forward to using LR5, now, if you can believe it. JPGs in the K30 are pretty darn good, though, and you have a lot of slick art features that I sometimes like to play around with.
06-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #793
Forum Member

Your Photos

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I was the same way, especially in my earlier Nikon days, but now that Lightroom 5 is out, PP work is easier and more powerful than I've ever imagined. I actually look forward to using LR5, now, if you can believe it. JPGs in the K30 are pretty darn good, though, and you have a lot of slick art features that I sometimes like to play around with.
I checked out your Flicker page excellent photos and subjects. Great job
06-08-2013, 12:49 PM - 1 Like   #794
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
First few shots with my new K30. Local small pond on a flood plain for a small river.

Hans
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
06-08-2013, 09:50 PM - 4 Likes   #795

Taken with my blue k30 at the zoo of johor bahru malaysia

Last edited by iittoo; 06-09-2013 at 06:46 AM.