Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1703 Likes Search this Thread
02-10-2014, 12:50 AM   #1636

Photos: Gallery
A very common subject, but I was happy with the result (looks really good when printed):

02-10-2014, 08:51 AM - 1 Like   #1637
Forum Member

I for one am amazed at most of these shots. The skill of the individual photographer shines through, but one cannot but pause upon the realization that all of these shots were taken with a camera body costing under $600, and a large portion with an 18—55mm 'kit' lens. Maybe I am biased but I like the Pentax product.
02-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #1638

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Doctor X Quote
A very common subject, but I was happy with the result (looks really good when printed):
This picture is awesome, butterfingerlickingsmooth B B B Bokeh!!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Schmidt Quote
I for one am amazed at most of these shots. The skill of the individual photographer shines through, but one cannot but pause upon the realization that all of these shots were taken with a camera body costing under $600, and a large portion with an 18—55mm 'kit' lens. Maybe I am biased but I like the Pentax product.
Mines are shot mostly with the kit 18-55mm and some with my... wait for it... breathing in... SuperMultiCoatedTakumar 50mm f/1.4 uffffffffff there! Amazing quality from all of these photographers let's everybody know that most Pentax products have to be super user friendly.

QuoteOriginally posted by ILLmatic173 Quote
this is one i took on my trip to washington D.C...it was my 1st trip out with my K-30 and it was taken with the 18-55 Wr kit lens..let me just say that you guys have taken really gorgeous shots..makes me feel proud to have a pentax k-30
Love this, just wished you panned a little bit more to the left so the flower/sculpture was where the light next to it is now. That way we get more of the main building behind the sculpture. But that's just me. Wonderful, I hope you had fun with it, as I have been having fun with it also!

---------- Post added 02-10-14 at 01:05 PM ----------

This is the third and last image of the series from the Ricardo story. A couple of days back I posted a picture with the subject being a tent in a snow storm, cause quite a stir within my FB friends and friends of friends so I decided to follow it up and make like I was a reporter and get his story out there (With his permission of course). Click the image to go to it on Flickr, it's part of a set called Ricardo. On the page set, I posted his story from my recollection of a 15-20 minute talk I had with him yesterday. Please read it and let me know what you think here or there if you use flickr. Thanks to all my Pentaxians.

02-10-2014, 03:40 PM   #1639
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just a simple Birthday Cake

02-10-2014, 04:13 PM   #1640
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Le Pew Quote

Serving beer to a 3-year-old? (just kidding!)
02-10-2014, 05:51 PM - 1 Like   #1641
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
Serving beer to a 3-year-old? (just kidding!)

Nah to busy trying to drink her Mother's wine............

---------- Post added 02-10-14 at 07:53 PM ----------

makes me feel proud to have a pentax k-30

Glad we could help.......
02-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #1642

Thanks Jose..it was like my 8th "real shot"shot on my camera(not counting the ones I took at home to get a feel for the camera)...I was still trying to get the hang of it haha..but I have a definitely have more of a feel for it now...also purchased a pentax 35mm and trying to get an ultra wide-angle lens soon...I'm having a lot of fun with K30...will post more pics soon

02-10-2014, 07:04 PM   #1643
Veteran Member

Thanks Jose..

French not Mexican :P
02-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #1644

French not Mexican :P
i am Puertorican not Mexican, he was correct in calling me Jose for the neutral criticism I gave him a couple of post back. Yeah Pepe, not all about you! Of course I am just teasing on that one ok! Don't take it personal or nothing ok! lol

C'mon ILLmatic say something to Pepe he was polite and said "you are welcome" to you! Still teasing... Have to make sure because some things don't translate too good over the interwebs!

---------- Post added 02-10-14 at 11:28 PM ----------

BTW Pepe is that a Dos Equis XX I see on the background? lol Stay thirsty my friends!
02-10-2014, 10:29 PM   #1645
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigJPR Quote
i am Puertorican not Mexican, he was correct in calling me Jose for the neutral criticism I gave him a couple of post back. Yeah Pepe, not all about you! Of course I am just teasing on that one ok! Don't take it personal or nothing ok! lol

C'mon ILLmatic say something to Pepe he was polite and said "you are welcome" to you! Still teasing... Have to make sure because some things don't translate too good over the interwebs!

BTW Pepe is that a Dos Equis XX I see on the background? lol Stay thirsty my friends!

I am the most interesting Frenchy in the world.......

I am still thirsty.............have a Sam Adams
02-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #1646

A Boston Lager would fill my needs right about now!
02-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #1647

QuoteOriginally posted by BigJPR Quote

Lol its all good..i thought nothing of it..I did say thanks for constructive criticism haha..and I am Dominican so I know its always love..didn't respond because its not about nationality..it about how the K30 and Pentax brings us together as one one (pentaxian) love lol
02-12-2014, 12:56 AM   #1648

A few from our trip to Kgalagadi game park nestled between Namibia and Botswana. First outing with the F*300 lens and although many photos, especially of birds, had to be heavily cropped, I can start loving this combination.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
02-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #1649

^^^^^ OMG with those you have me speaking like a lil teenager! AWESOME!!!!!!

Here is mines from the Winter Storm Pax 2/13/14

02-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #1650
Veteran Member

it about how the K30 and Pentax brings us together as one one (pentaxian) love lol
Have a Brava........