Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Ad are already appearing for the K-30

I've gotten several email ads from places like Abe's and B&H that have featured the K-30 annoucement. I just got an article note from Adorama about summer travel cameras and the K-30 is featured, with some good company.

12 Great Digital Cameras for Travel Photography from Adorama Learning Center

07-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
Pentaxian
seventysixersfan's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,710
The article says about the K30: "Travel outdoor and adventure photographers who want the best possible image quality will love this camera, the world's first weather-resistant DSLR." What?? the world's first? And this is from Adorama Learning Center? Unbelievable.
07-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 43,233
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
The article says about the K30: "Travel outdoor and adventure photographers who want the best possible image quality will love this camera, the world's first weather-resistant DSLR." What?? the world's first? And this is from Adorama Learning Center? Unbelievable.
That shows how much people care about Pentax. It's still all about Canon and Nikon.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Photos: Albums
Posts: 90
In defense for mistakenly calling it "the world's first weather-resistant DSLR", the author may have intended to write "the world's first entry-level weather-resistant DSLR."

07-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UdonUdon Quote
In defense for mistakenly calling it "the world's first weather-resistant DSLR", the author may have intended to write "the world's first entry-level weather-resistant DSLR."
+1 to that. What is the least expensive WR Nikon? Canon? Anywhere near $850?
07-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Stone G.'s Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Zealand, Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,516
QuoteOriginally posted by UdonUdon Quote
In defense for mistakenly calling it "the world's first weather-resistant DSLR", the author may have intended to write "the world's first entry-level weather-resistant DSLR."
Objection! My K200D feels deply hurt by that statement

(And besides: "entry level" isn't really fair towards neither K200D nor K-30 - I would call them mid-level)
07-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stone G. Quote
Objection! My K200D feels deply hurt by that statement

(And besides: "entry level" isn't really fair towards neither K200D nor K-30 - I would call them mid-level)
How about "At the entry-level price point for dSLRs"?
07-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Stone G.'s Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Zealand, Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,516
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
How about "At the entry-level price point for dSLRs"?
That's better!

07-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #9
Junior Member




Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 27
I'm here in Tokyo, Japan, and I see ads for the K-30 everywhere. Also, the trains show commercials on the tvs, and I've seen the cool ad (an adventurer going trekking through the wet jungle marsh for a shot of the quetzal) for the K-30 at least 10 times already. It looks like Pentax-Ricoh is going all out marketing the camera and making it appear much cooler than the Canons/Nikons. =)
07-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #10
JPT
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tokyo
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,252
QuoteOriginally posted by Byakko Quote
I'm here in Tokyo, Japan, and I see ads for the K-30 everywhere. Also, the trains show commercials on the tvs, and I've seen the cool ad (an adventurer going trekking through the wet jungle marsh for a shot of the quetzal) for the K-30 at least 10 times already. It looks like Pentax-Ricoh is going all out marketing the camera and making it appear much cooler than the Canons/Nikons. =)
I'm also in Tokyo. I've noticed the commercials on TV and in the trains. They've also got a lot of posters in the stations. Apparently, they guy in the ads is a well-known actor but I don't recognise him. Best of all, they have non-functional models of all the custom colours of the K-30 in the shops. It makes for very striking display and lets people really see what they'd be getting. Overall, it's much more impressive than previous campaigns.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adorama, cameras, k-30, k-50, pentax k30, pentax k50, travel
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corrosion appearing on battery grip dave2k Pentax K-5 12 04-04-2012 04:31 AM
Late-appearing sensor stain PALADIN85020 Pentax K-5 15 10-13-2011 02:20 PM
Error No thumbnail appearing in Critique forum jeztastic Site Suggestions and Help 2 06-14-2011 06:53 AM
First images of Penta K-5 appearing... JohnBee Pentax News and Rumors 97 08-13-2010 01:15 PM
Images appearing upside-down (K-x) dragonfly Pentax DSLR Discussion 11 05-11-2010 09:29 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:45 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top