Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ad are already appearing for the K-30

I've gotten several email ads from places like Abe's and B&H that have featured the K-30 annoucement. I just got an article note from Adorama about summer travel cameras and the K-30 is featured, with some good company.

12 Great Digital Cameras for Travel Photography from Adorama Learning Center

07-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
Pentaxian

The article says about the K30: "Travel outdoor and adventure photographers who want the best possible image quality will love this camera, the world's first weather-resistant DSLR." What?? the world's first? And this is from Adorama Learning Center? Unbelievable.
07-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
The article says about the K30: "Travel outdoor and adventure photographers who want the best possible image quality will love this camera, the world's first weather-resistant DSLR." What?? the world's first? And this is from Adorama Learning Center? Unbelievable.
That shows how much people care about Pentax. It's still all about Canon and Nikon.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
In defense for mistakenly calling it "the world's first weather-resistant DSLR", the author may have intended to write "the world's first entry-level weather-resistant DSLR."

07-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UdonUdon Quote
In defense for mistakenly calling it "the world's first weather-resistant DSLR", the author may have intended to write "the world's first entry-level weather-resistant DSLR."
+1 to that. What is the least expensive WR Nikon? Canon? Anywhere near $850?
07-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UdonUdon Quote
Objection! My K200D feels deply hurt by that statement

(And besides: "entry level" isn't really fair towards neither K200D nor K-30 - I would call them mid-level)
07-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stone G. Quote
Objection! My K200D feels deply hurt by that statement

(And besides: "entry level" isn't really fair towards neither K200D nor K-30 - I would call them mid-level)
How about "At the entry-level price point for dSLRs"?
07-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
How about "At the entry-level price point for dSLRs"?
That's better!

07-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #9

I'm here in Tokyo, Japan, and I see ads for the K-30 everywhere. Also, the trains show commercials on the tvs, and I've seen the cool ad (an adventurer going trekking through the wet jungle marsh for a shot of the quetzal) for the K-30 at least 10 times already. It looks like Pentax-Ricoh is going all out marketing the camera and making it appear much cooler than the Canons/Nikons. =)
07-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #10
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Byakko Quote
I'm here in Tokyo, Japan, and I see ads for the K-30 everywhere. Also, the trains show commercials on the tvs, and I've seen the cool ad (an adventurer going trekking through the wet jungle marsh for a shot of the quetzal) for the K-30 at least 10 times already. It looks like Pentax-Ricoh is going all out marketing the camera and making it appear much cooler than the Canons/Nikons. =)
I'm also in Tokyo. I've noticed the commercials on TV and in the trains. They've also got a lot of posters in the stations. Apparently, they guy in the ads is a well-known actor but I don't recognise him. Best of all, they have non-functional models of all the custom colours of the K-30 in the shops. It makes for very striking display and lets people really see what they'd be getting. Overall, it's much more impressive than previous campaigns.