Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #106
Senior Member
Professor Batty's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 118
Got mine Thursday

Like it a lot so far- it is replacing a K20D. Smaller, and no dumb LCD screen wasting space on the top. I use it with M lenses in strictly manual mode with the RAW/FX button to preview. Green button doesn't work consistently with M lenses on the K-30, however . The new sensor with anti shake is a great combo- scary good with the SMC M 100mm f 2.8.

08-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #107
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 28
I received mine last week but have not had much a chance to play with it other than taking some test photos aroung the yard and configuring. So far I like the camera with the 18-135 combo, much lighter than my k-7 and 18-250 with no lens creep! My copy of the 18-135 seems very good even at 135, sharp with nice colors and pleasing bokeh. I've found that even with lens correction on and RAW+JPEG it cranks out the photos very quickly - plenty fast for normal shooting! Will be taking it to Italy this fall along with the da15 and da40, should be a nice travel combo along with my LX-5.
08-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #108
New Member
Tigerpelle's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 15
Another owner here. Sent my K-R with my daughter to Africa were she will study for another year. Last year she borrowed my camera for a safari and it never went back to normal (red dust?). Given the WR and the 100% viewfinder the K-30 seems to tick most of my boxes and I brought it home last friday.

Cheers!

Pelle
08-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #109
New Member
Tigerpelle's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 15
Oh, forgot to mention, bought the 18-138 WR at the same time. Perfect lens for me as I like skiing (downhill and cross country), hiking in the woods with my Labrador, motorcykling and so on. Really needed a lens that can take some rough action and have good reach.

08-27-2012, 07:20 PM - 1 Like   #110
New Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 9
Hi all, new owner here .. check out some of my pics here. I bought the 18-135mm WR as well.

However the photos posted here are from my old kit lens (18-55mm)

Low light indoor & outdoor
Pentax K30 - Indoor & Outdoor Low-light

Camera pics -
Pentax K30 : Short Review + First Pics
08-27-2012, 10:04 PM - 1 Like   #111
Veteran Member
raider's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,942
The K-30 white to replace my wife's K-x is finally here!

Name:  IMG_9082.JPG
Views: 1048
Size:  50.2 KB
K-30 with the DA35 Ltd

Name:  IMG_9086.JPG
Views: 1783
Size:  61.3 KB
K-30 with K-01 side by side

Very nice cameras both of them. We can't be more pleased.
08-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #112
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 218
It looks so nice in white!
08-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #113
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,487
I bought my K30 via the Pentax Webstore via the $100 Pentax discount.

08-28-2012, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #114
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: washington, dc
Posts: 224
so i went and bought a tamron 28-75 to go on the k30. i think i'm in heaven...

my 2nd child:
08-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #115
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 30
Got my K30 last week as a birthday gift. 18-135mm WR kit

Cheers,

SB
09-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #116
Junior Member
Dachiko's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Izhevsk
Posts: 31
Woohooo! Just received mine beauty! Quite expensive through - 923 euros for 18-135 kit with delivery.
09-01-2012, 04:16 AM   #117
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elida, Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,622
QuoteOriginally posted by Professor Batty Quote
Like it a lot so far- it is replacing a K20D. Smaller, and no dumb LCD screen wasting space on the top. I use it with M lenses in strictly manual mode with the RAW/FX button to preview. Green button doesn't work consistently with M lenses on the K-30, however . The new sensor with anti shake is a great combo- scary good with the SMC M 100mm f 2.8.
I loved that LCD screen on top of my K20D and thought I might miss it. I actually don't miss it a bit since all of that information is much easier to use and see on the back screen.

QuoteOriginally posted by Eric L Quote
I received mine last week but have not had much a chance to play with it other than taking some test photos aroung the yard and configuring. So far I like the camera with the 18-135 combo, much lighter than my k-7 and 18-250 with no lens creep! My copy of the 18-135 seems very good even at 135, sharp with nice colors and pleasing bokeh. I've found that even with lens correction on and RAW+JPEG it cranks out the photos very quickly - plenty fast for normal shooting! Will be taking it to Italy this fall along with the da15 and da40, should be a nice travel combo along with my LX-5.
I've had the K-30/18-135 combo for about a month now and can't get over how good the lens is. I remember when it first came out and so many people were trashing it. I don't know if they had problems with the first production runs or if they have made some changes, but I'm pretty happy with it.
09-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #118
New Member
tvcrider's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 12
First time DSLR owner

I purchased a Pentax K-30 with 18-135mm WR about a week ago from Emmy Camera via Amazon.
The learning curve has been a little steep and the nearly 300 page owner's manual has proven to be challenging. I was a 30+ user of film SLRs, but parted with my last one over 8 years ago. In the interim I have used two digital point-and-shoots, but they have proven to be less than satisfying. This is both my first Pentax camera and DSLR. I am finally starting to get the hang of it.
09-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #119
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,270
QuoteOriginally posted by tvcrider Quote
I purchased a Pentax K-30 with 18-135mm WR about a week ago from Emmy Camera via Amazon.
The learning curve has been a little steep and the nearly 300 page owner's manual has proven to be challenging. I was a 30+ user of film SLRs, but parted with my last one over 8 years ago. In the interim I have used two digital point-and-shoots, but they have proven to be less than satisfying. This is both my first Pentax camera and DSLR. I am finally starting to get the hang of it.
welcome to the forum then, and it's not that different than using your old film slrs, there is just a lot of automated options that didn't exist before
if you need a refresher try brian pedersons understanding exposure....makes way more sense than the manual
09-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #120
Junior Member




Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 36
On a fateful trip to a pumpkin patch, a photographer told me about the Canon S95 (best point-and-shoot for its size). From then on a new hobby was born in me. After reaching that camera's maximum potential for low light indoor photography, and needing more, the search for the perfect DSLR for my needs/budget began. Researched as much as I could for the last 12 months, thought about a Rebel, then about a used 40D, then about a new 60D, until I came across writings and reviews about the K-5. Then the K-30 was resealed. Then the priced dropped. Then I finally sold my synthesizer, and had the money to order a K-30, which I just did. That, plus a FA 50mm 1.4 will be an appendage from the moment it lands on my doorstep. Will be pleased to post pictures ASAP. Thank you PentaxForums.com for being my read of choice (even before checking world news or Facebook). Adam, your review on the K-30 is inspiring. Thank you, too.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-30, k-50, pentax k30, pentax k50
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Input from DA* 200mm Owners: Owners Regrets over 300mm ? BBear Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 57 08-12-2013 12:22 PM
K-5 owners: What did you use before? enoxatnep Pentax K-5 102 12-23-2011 03:17 AM
DA* owners dhugo3 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 17 01-22-2011 04:48 PM
To all the K-5 owners!!!!!! luke0622 Pentax K-5 2 11-05-2010 04:22 AM
Suggestion for Sigma 24-70 owners (or potential owners) joeyc Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 08-07-2009 03:12 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:56 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top