Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-30 problems.

I had no problems with the old camera Pentax K20D. With the new camera K-30 has arrived.

Recently I could not turn off K-30, and now the screen is visible to the camera after taking a photo with a shimmering yellow and red spots. However, the picture on the computer monitor is very good.
Tomorrow I'm taking K-30 to the B&H.

###

У меня не было проблем со старой камерой Pentax K20D. С новой K-30 они уже появились.

Недавно я не мог ее выключить, а сейчас на экране фотоаппарата после съемки видна фотография с мерцающими желтыми и красными пятнами. Вместе с тем, картинка на мониторе компьютера очень хорошая. Завтра везу K-30 в B&H.

07-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear about the problem with the K-30. Did you get it to turn off by the switch or did you have to remove the battery?

Please let us know how it all turns out.
07-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Если есть возможность сдать продавцу, то сдавайте и меняйте на новую...
07-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vasyl Quote
Хороший совет.

07-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Sorry to hear about the problem with the K-30. Did you get it to turn off by the switch or did you have to remove the battery? Please let us know how it all turns out.
I could not turn off the camera yesterday, so I do not remember how it still shut down. But I got the battery charged, and quite often. Therefore, he could not pay attention when the camera started working again.

Flashing spots of yellow and red colors on the monitor of the camera is now.
I repeat, that this picture on a computer monitor is very good and I'll post today's pictures soon.

###

Я не мог выключить камеру K-30 вчера, и потому не помню как она все же выключилась. Но батарею я доставал и заряжал довольно часто. Поэтому мог не обратить внимание, когда же камера вновь начала работать.

Мигающие пятна желтого и красного цвета на мониторе камеры есть сейчас.
Я повторю, что при этом картинка на мониторе компьютера очень хорошая и я вскоре выложу сегодняшние снимки.
07-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Vasyl Quote
Vasil says that I should return the camera and change it to a new.

Thanks Vasyl.
07-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Can't read the Russian bits, but just sounds like highlight/shadow warning is turned on -- that's a feature...

07-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
Veteran Member

The flashing lights may be the feature of the camera where it shows you those areas that will be blown out as too bright and lost as too dark. The feature can be turned on and off in the menus. If memory serves it is controlled in the second set of menus that has Slideshow and Quickzoom at the top and is called "Bright/Dark Areas" in the menu. You ought to check to see if that is turned on and if so, turn it off to see if that fixes your flashing lights issue. Good luck.
07-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Docrwm. I will use your advice.

Guy's white shirt on the monitor camera flashes in other colors. However, as well as you can see in the picture all right.

07-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. A.S. Quote
Thanks Docrwm. I will use your advice.

Guy's white shirt on the monitor camera flashes in other colors. However, as well as you can see in the picture all right.
Yeah, that definitely sounds like the highlight clipping warning function.

edit: also, sometimes the camera won't shut off if the buffer is full and still clearing (if the red LED on the bottom right rear of the camera is lit). If you've completely filled the buffer it can take a few seconds.
07-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
The flashing lights may be the feature of the camera where it shows you those areas that will be blown out as too bright and lost as too dark. The feature can be turned on and off in the menus. If memory serves it is controlled in the second set of menus that has Slideshow and Quickzoom at the top and is called "Bright/Dark Areas" in the menu. You ought to check to see if that is turned on and if so, turn it off to see if that fixes your flashing lights issue. Good luck.
Many thanks, Docrwm.
I turn off "Bright/Dark Areas" and then fluttering colors stopped.
07-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Many thanks, Docrwm.
they have a benefit in that they are telling you blown out areas or shadows lacking detail, the white shirt is definitely about a half stop + overexposed.
07-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Many thanks, Docrwm.
Excellent! It's meant to help you compose better pictures but can be quite startling when first seen. Still have the issue of it not turning off but at least we've sorted out one problem. Удачи.
07-31-2012, 06:35 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just yesterday I had a black camera Pentax K-30, but today it is blue.
I changed the first camera K-30 for a second because that was a problem in the first.
First of them mentioned Moo here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-30/192274-pentax-k-30-first-shots.html at 07-23-2012, 07:12 AM post #12: "...where the background at the right has very obvious "banding"". Thanks Moo.
Then I began to look carefully portrait of my grandson and I noticed the cover those spots. Yesterday was in B&H, and without problems have changed the camera Pentax K-30.
07-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Just yesterday I had a black camera Pentax K-30, but today it is blue.
I changed the first camera K-30 for a second because that was a problem in the first.
First of them mentioned Moo here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-30/192274-pentax-k-30-first-shots.html at 07-23-2012, 07:12 AM post #12: "...where the background at the right has very obvious "banding"". Thanks Moo.
Then I began to look carefully portrait of my grandson and I noticed the cover those spots. Yesterday was in B&H, and without problems have changed the camera Pentax K-30.
I looked at that thread. I don't think there was any problem with your camera -- just small jpeg samples.