Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pheo Quote
My Crumpler Singapore Slim turned up over the weekend. Very happy with it so far, much more comfortable than the stock strap. Also allows you to turn it into a sling/shoulder strap very quickly with quick release buckles. I'll try to post a full review after I've used it a bit more.
I look forward to your detailed review. It is an attractive alternative.

07-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Not cheap, but looks interesting, especially for more than one body.

Photography Equipment - MoneyMaker - HoldFastGear.com
07-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #33
Inactive Account

The best system I have and will ever have

I have tried all of the alternatives out there and have finally found the holy grail of carrying systems. I currently use the Cotton Carrier system . I tried the Spider Holster and it ended up costing me a camera when it broke. After much searching I found the Cotton Carrier System. Their products are made from ballistic nylon, space/military grade plastic and machined aluminum hubs which make for an extremely comfortable and durable product. I use the vest system for two camera but it ultimately comes down to preference as they have an amazing array in their product line. For any level of shooter with some kit this is the ultimate addition. I really hope this helps people who are looking for a long term and complete solution like I was !!

Last edited by Parallax; 07-31-2012 at 02:37 PM.
07-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #34
Forum Member

I LOVE my Cotton Carrier..........I can carry two cameras without feeling uncomfortable. They stay put and don't swing around, can bend over without cameras moving. They have new products I haven't tried and I'm sure they are great as well.

07-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #35

+1 on the Black Rapid. I love mine and love the sliding feature. it makes carrying a heavy lens all day a whole easier.
08-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #36

I bought Blackrapid RS-5 for my K-30 and I love it. Doesn't feel like you're carrying 1 kg on your shoulder. It's also surprizingly quick to point and shoot. I got the Optech for my K-x, nothing wrong with that one either.
08-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #37
Veteran Member

B grip Evo is what I use:
Here is a you tube review that someone did:

After buying the product, I used it in 3 countries this summer while travelling with the 50-135 and 17-50 lenses. Worked fine. This guys review did help me make the purchase.

Last edited by psychdoc; 08-02-2012 at 03:52 AM. Reason: clarified source of video
08-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #38
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I use an Ape Case neck strap. It is wider to spread the weight a bit, and a little stretchy to absorb some shock. I do not use a fancier apparatus because I carry the camera by holding it under the lens in my left hand while walking around. It normally only hangs on my neck during lens changes, eating, or paying admission fees, etc. I would not want a camera stuck to my hand with a grip strap. So, that's it.
08-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #39
Veteran Member

I can see the use of the Money Maker / Cotton Carrier / B Grip Evo if you are a wedding photographer or wading through the Zambezi looking for the lesser-spotted crocodile tick, but it's a little OTT for my needs when traveling abroad, let alone days out with family and friends.

I have a couple of Tamrac bags which don't shout DSLR, one bigger than the other, depending on how many lenses I want to carry. For travel, I take a Think Tank Urban Disguise 60 that can fit my 17" MacBook, plus almost anything else I throw at it. I then decant into one of the smaller Tamracs for day trips away from where I'm staying. I just spent 10 days in Australia, and didn't even need to do that. I've found that the combination of K-30/18-135/Black Widow Spider Holster was all I really needed. The only times I changed lenses was when I needed wider inside caves or shallower DOF for portraits of my kids and restaurant food shots. I spent whole days walking and barely felt I was carrying a camera.
08-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #40
NKK
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by psychdoc Quote
B grip Evo is what I use:
Here is a you tube review:

I used it in 3 countries this summer while travelling with the 50-135 and 17-50 lenses. Worked fine.

Wow... looks like a great solution.
I will have this in mind for hiking etc.... thanks for sharing.
08-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I use an Op-Tech neoprene strap, but I attach it with clips so that I can remove it easily (see pic).

I find that the complete lack of a strap whilst shooting greatly improves handling, especially with a larger (70-200mm f/2.8) lens.

I simply hang the empty strap round my neck and attach / detach the camera at will.

When carrying the camera I sling it around 1 shoulder, too, to ease the strain on my neck.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
08-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #42

QuoteOriginally posted by Santoku Quote
I recently aquired a BlackRapid RS-Sport "slide" strap and have found it to be fantastic for longer-days and/or heavier lenses. The ability to have the camera at ones hip, and to simply draw and shoot is really nice. It is very comfortable, if not a bit more conspicuous with the shoulder support.
Love this strap and as a women it's the only piece of eqiupment I've ever seen with an option for women. The woman's model has a slight S curve in front that makes it fall comfortably between the girls instead of across.