Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2012, 04:14 AM   #1
Forum Member

liveview zoom

How do you manual zoom while in liveview ? On my k-x you could press the info button. Is it possible on the k-30 ?

07-22-2012, 04:26 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup, it's definitely possible. I think you have to press the OK button, but I'm not 100% sure.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
tux
Forum Member

Original Poster
thanks...thats it

press ok & then the rear dial zooms in & out
02-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Old thread..but is there a menu item or something you need to set first? Just trying this on my K-30 and pressing OK in live view does nothing.. even holding it does nothing. i try to zoom using the back dial and it just adjusts my aperture. I'm in manual mode

02-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Speaking of live view zoom, it has always annoyed me that I can't zoom in as much with my K-30 as I could on my K-x. I don't have the cameras in front of me, but I think that on my K-x I could zoom in 10x (or 12x maybe?) but on my K-30 it only goes to 6x (if memory serves me!) I can't understand why they did that.
03-02-2013, 02:22 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by crossmr Quote
Old thread..but is there a menu item or something you need to set first? Just trying this on my K-30 and pressing OK in live view does nothing.. even holding it does nothing. i try to zoom using the back dial and it just adjusts my aperture. I'm in manual mode
The only thing you need to do is ensure the rotating AF mode select switch is set to MF (or, on electronic lenses, the MF switch on the lens will also suffice, even if the body switch is still on AF). The zoom function isn't traditionally accessible when you're in an autofocus mode, but one of the liveview menu options (Menu > 4 > Live View > AF Autozoom) is to auto-zoom the image after autofocusing. If you enable that, it will zoom the preview image if you continue to half-press the shutter after achieving focus. Really only useful for quick-shift-capable lenses.