Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffw Quote
Just ordered a K30 with a 18-135wr and a battery holder from Pentax Singapore .
Sweet! Let us know the details once you receive the bad boy (delivery time, packaging, warranty, etc)

08-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #17

Jeffw - How did you find Emjay (Pentax Singapore)?
I purchase a K30 kit with a 40mm F2.8 XS lens for $S1069.
They were very efficient with the post and packing but reluctant to answer any questions.
I ordered on Tuesday and it arrived this morning (Friday)
I have never seen a parcel packed so well. Tom Hanks, if he really worked for Fedex, would have been proud of the waterproofing.
It took me quite a while to cut it out of all the layers. Maybe the Emjay guys have seen the way luggage falls off those conveyor belts going into planes.
I like the camera and lens very much.
I did not receive a warranty card and had asked for an international warranty form to be included.
I am in Australia and asked Emjay whether the local Pentax distributor (CRKennedy) were obliged to fix in some reciprocal arrangement.
I also asked what the screen was listed in their contents of box description as I fancied a matt viewfinder screen.(I can't find it anymore but don't think I imagined it)
I thought Emjay were good but non communicative. They did not even send me an email when the dispatched the item.
Thank you aseno for the tip about Emjay selling the K30s at the attractive prices.
I can not hear a washing machine noise in video. I don't like the DNGs in my editing program and currently think some of the jpeg colours are a bit off as well but maybe I have something set to vibrant somewhere.
08-03-2012, 09:08 AM - 1 Like   #18

Just as i got the money to purchase camera from this store they all of the sudden lift a price from SGD$1,252 to SGD$1,628.00! ((
K-30 Lens Kit w DA 18-135mm WR Black
I was waiting for this day to come three weeks, and now such a kick, im truly sad
08-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kevcol Quote
Jeffw - How did you find Emjay (Pentax Singapore)?
I purchase a K30 kit with a 40mm F2.8 XS lens for $S1069.
They were very efficient with the post and packing but reluctant to answer any questions.
I ordered on Tuesday and it arrived this morning (Friday)
I have never seen a parcel packed so well. Tom Hanks, if he really worked for Fedex, would have been proud of the waterproofing.
It took me quite a while to cut it out of all the layers. Maybe the Emjay guys have seen the way luggage falls off those conveyor belts going into planes.
I like the camera and lens very much.
I did not receive a warranty card and had asked for an international warranty form to be included.
I am in Australia and asked Emjay whether the local Pentax distributor (CRKennedy) were obliged to fix in some reciprocal arrangement.
I also asked what the screen was listed in their contents of box description as I fancied a matt viewfinder screen.(I can't find it anymore but don't think I imagined it)
I thought Emjay were good but non communicative. They did not even send me an email when the dispatched the item.
Thank you aseno for the tip about Emjay selling the K30s at the attractive prices.
I can not hear a washing machine noise in video. I don't like the DNGs in my editing program and currently think some of the jpeg colours are a bit off as well but maybe I have something set to vibrant somewhere.
Congrats on your K-30! I also got the K-30 and DA 40 XS combo. It is very nice. Here is mine on flickr:

30/52: K-30 and a Pancake

Actually, I have already ordered 2 K-30's from Emjay, one for me and one for a friend. Communication was not a problem, phone call or email. BTW, I'm in Singapore. Have you tried this email:

is@eepl.biz

The response was always swift on my experience. In case you are wondering what is eepl in the email address, it is Emjay Enterprise Pte. Ltd.

08-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Yeah, looks like there's been a sudden big boost in the prices. The white K-30 18-55mm kit that I paid US $750 for is now $976. Maybe somebody at Pentax USA complained?
08-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #21

I asked them about such a price change. I will post their answer as it arrives.
08-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, I guess I got a pretty good deal from Amazon after all.
08-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #23

price jumped in Singapore .

08-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by 905ben Quote
Yes...bad news
08-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #25
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I need to sell more lemonades...
08-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #26

It was actually the guys from Japan that complained according to the guy I talked to at Emjay. He said Japan cannot compete with their prices.
08-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dachiko Quote
Just as i got the money to purchase camera from this store they all of the sudden lift a price from SGD$1,252 to SGD$1,628.00! ((
K-30 Lens Kit w DA 18-135mm WR Black
I was waiting for this day to come three weeks, and now such a kick, im truly sad
Would you have had to pay any VAT locally on the item? If so, this could also be a good price, and a lot closer than Singapore:

Fototechnika | Zrcadlovky | Pentax K-30 BLACK + DA 18-135mm ED IF DC WR+ochranná folie na LCD+mikrovlákno | Foto Málek
08-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
Would you have had to pay any VAT locally on the item? If so, this could also be a good price, and a lot closer than Singapore:

Fototechnika | Zrcadlovky | Pentax K-30 BLACK + DA 18-135mm ED IF DC WR+ochranná folie na LCD+mikrovlákno | Foto Málek
No, im an international buyer (from Russia), so the site price is final to me.
Anyway, thanks for the link, but it looks like they doesnt sell internationally, as i doesnt see a country change field in the checkout form.

By the way, Pentax Singapore had answered me (fast, as always), and im not sure i can publish the qoute, but it looks like drivingback are right about evil guys from Japan.
08-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #29

No communication from Emjay , but my order is clearing the FCC paper work now so it took a week to end up in the states. Should have it early next week . I got the lower price 1242 SGD 12 SGD for battery holder total 1254SGD converted by PayPal to 1031 USD. Best price I could find in the US in stock was at Amazon 1197 for camera kit and 40 for holder free shipping for a total 1237. SAVED 206 $ .
08-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #30

Hi, Planning to buy a K30 body from Pentaxwebstore.They are selling it as unboxed. What does that mean? Doesnt it come with the original Pentax box and warranty.For some items it is "unboxed" and for others nothing specific info is given.Please enlighten