Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kevcol Quote
Pity about your camera and a pity about Putin.
Pentax Singapore do not respond to any information requests from me about warranty.
Warranty is a standard 1 year... this is common knowledge. What more info do you need?

08-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
As far as Putin, it pains me to see how he is taking your society in reverse. I lived in eastern Europe for a couple years in the late 90's (Bulgaria), and it was a beautiful thing to see how happy the people still were to be out from under the authoritarian boot of communism. It looks like Putin wants to go back to his glory days.
Thank you, Edgar, its realy nice to meet a man who understands

I has send them email, and they does make a refund right away. Pentax Singapore is a very good store, their feedback is nice, they always does reply me in 24h. They even agreed to honor an old price tag to 18-135 kit for me, but in the end FeedEx have cut the deal.

In the end, i has ordered this kit from computeruniverse.com for US$1261, but it is another story...)
08-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #48

Just to clarify the Pentax extended warranty still applies to a camera purchased outside of the US as long as you have a dated proof of purchase from an authorized Pentax dealer and you purchase it within 30 days. I called Pentax USA just to verify .
08-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #49
Veteran Member

You're saying we can purchase the extended warranty for our K-30's from Singapore? That's great news! I thought that when I was reading the terms of the warranty, it said something to the effect of the camera had to be purchase from an authorized US dealer.

08-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #50

Yes , according to the rep at Pentax USA who I chatted with on the help line and called right after all you have to do is search online and purchase from either BH or Adorama and Pentax will honor as long as you have all of your paper work . Good deal for 20 bucks !
08-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is not what Pentax told me when I inquired about the extended warranty. They told me they would honor the 1 year warranty if it was purchased from Pentax Singapore, but that the extended warranty "must be purchased from the country where the camera was purchased."

FWIW
08-20-2012, 04:52 PM - 1 Like   #52

I am unsure of my warranty.
I have purchased from Emjay from Australia and have received little information from them.
I have asked whether the local Pentax Distributor, CRKennedy, is obliged to repair their products and they have not answered. It may be a touchy subject as I doubt whether CRKennedy welcomes Emjay intruding into their market and taking advantage of tax concessions to undercut local pricing.
At the time of sale, I asked for an International warranty to be included and what was this talk of a screen in the box? Others seem to find them more responsive than I do. I have given up after about 5 emails and hope my K30 performs in a trouble free manner.

08-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #53

I've asked CRKennedy about buying from Singapore and warranty in Australia. They didn't give me a straight answer but told me Pentaxwebstore.sg is not authorized to sell in Australia therefore I assume CRKennedy won't cover the warranty.
08-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #54

I'm in Australia as well and before purchasing my K30 I asked Pentax Singapore about their warranty.."How does the warranty work please? Do I need to send it back to Singapore under warranty?"

This was their response FYI:
"please keep your purchase receipt for warranty purposes. We will absorb one way freight for servicing/repair during the warranty period and we use FedEx to courier your parcel to Australia. For shipping destinations within the Asia Pacific region, delivery will take 2-5 working days from the date of payment."
08-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #55
Veteran Member

I ended up only buying the K-01 white unboxed version from them (had they do a k-30 white unboxed version I would have bought both K-01 and K-30 from them).

And this is what Pentax Singapore told me as well.....we pay for the freight charges to Singapore, and they pay for return shipping if the camera is under warranty....pretty fair and square the way i look at things...I think it cost about A$50 to send the camera back to Singapore. I dont know the exact cost though but the K-01 only cost A$420 or so versus buying from local stock which will cost A$579 + A$16 shipping = A$595. That is a cost difference of A$175.....so I think the deal is extremely attractive.

Edit: Just for info....K-01 white is no longer listed in DigitalCameraWarehouse and Digidirect...so I guess that makes Pentax Singapore an even more attractive option to consider if one really want a white colour K-01.
07-29-2013, 12:30 AM   #56

Hello, sorry for the major necro, but I have been looking around for an international Pentax store to buy 77mm from, because I am not so sure with buying that lens from eBay (1200$+ on eBay, roughly 1000$ US webstore), and I have come across this topic; however after trying to reach the store, it claims to be suspended.
Is there any way to order a lens from official source and ship it to Middle East, namely Kuwait? (We have no agents nor shops with Pentax here).
07-29-2013, 06:08 AM   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Um Abbas Quote
Hello, sorry for the major necro, but I have been looking around for an international Pentax store to buy 77mm from, because I am not so sure with buying that lens from eBay (1200$+ on eBay, roughly 1000$ US webstore), and I have come across this topic; however after trying to reach the store, it claims to be suspended.
Is there any way to order a lens from official source and ship it to Middle East, namely Kuwait? (We have no agents nor shops with Pentax here).
Pentaxwebstore.sg has been suspended as they are no longer the Pentax distributor for Singapore. The new distributor is Audio & Photo Distribution or APD for short, who are also the distributor for Sigma and Ricoh in Singapore.

You can try Adorama or B&H and see if they will ship to the Middle East.
07-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #58

QuoteOriginally posted by felixkh Quote
Pentaxwebstore.sg has been suspended as they are no longer the Pentax distributor for Singapore. The new distributor is Audio & Photo Distribution or APD for short, who are also the distributor for Sigma and Ricoh in Singapore.

You can try Adorama or B&H and see if they will ship to the Middle East.
I have oredered from B&H, 130$ for delivery but hey, it's worth it... cheers for the heads up.