Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #16
Site Supporter
loco's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,841
Original Poster
That sucks, metalmania. I have an Acmaxx ordered and hope it doesn't share the same fate.... Glad you're getting a replacement. My K-30 should arrive today and Acmaxx should arrive today or tomorrow.... I'll let you guys know how it fits.

08-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
Site Supporter
loco's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,841
Original Poster
Just wanted to follow up on this. My K-30 arrived and I checked the Acmaxx 3" protector and it does fit. It does not go all the way to the edges of the LCD, however it does easily cover the area where there is actual display. If you turn the camera on and view a photo, you can see the area that needs to be covered. You can actually fit the Acmaxx on top of the area that says "Digital Single Lens Reflex Pentax".

If you want a protector that will fit over the entire glass, this one is a tiny bit too small.
08-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #18
NKK
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 583
+1 for GGS, using it on my K-5.
Great for not having to be so "scared" of scratches
08-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #19
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 182
I am using Hercules brand with the model for the Sony A900 on my K-30. As I wanted the protector to cover the outer edges of the LCD so dust will not come in. I had that mistake in my K-x were i only had the glass part covered and not the edges. The result was dust went in to the LCD, it had 3 annoying specks of dust that I just try to ignore.

08-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #20
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,352
QuoteOriginally posted by drivingback Quote
I am using Hercules brand with the model for the Sony A900 on my K-30. As I wanted the protector to cover the outer edges of the LCD so dust will not come in. I had that mistake in my K-x were i only had the glass part covered and not the edges. The result was dust went in to the LCD, it had 3 annoying specks of dust that I just try to ignore.
Could you please provide information for any web link or shop in Manila?
08-05-2012, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #21
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 182
I'm actually based here in Singapore now. So I bought it in one of the shops here. Here is their website although the particular model for the Sony A900 is not showing.

LCD Screen Protector - Sgcamerastore.com :: Professional Photography Accessories / Videography Equipments / Studio Lightings / Studio Kits / Studio Equipments - (Powered by CubeCart)

In this photo of my K-30 you can see that it covers the outer edges of the LCD.




While on my K-x, the screen protector I used is the same brand although the model is the one meant for the K-x which only covers the illuminated area of the LCD.

08-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #22
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,352
QuoteOriginally posted by drivingback Quote
I'm actually based here in Singapore now. So I bought it in one of the shops here. Here is their website although the particular model for the Sony A900 is not showing.

LCD Screen Protector - Sgcamerastore.com :: Professional Photography Accessories / Videography Equipments / Studio Lightings / Studio Kits / Studio Equipments - (Powered by CubeCart)

In this photo of my K-30 you can see that it covers the outer edges of the LCD.




While on my K-x, the screen protector I used is the same brand although the model is the one meant for the K-x which only covers the illuminated area of the LCD.
Great info, thanks. I'll look for similar here in HK.
08-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #23
Forum Member
pentax user's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 85
QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
Great info, thanks. I'll look for similar here in HK.
so do I. Any idea where?

08-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #24
Site Supporter
loco's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,841
Original Poster
So, if you guys come up with a link for this Hercules thing, please post it! Thanks!
08-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #25
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 117
Do glass screens for the k5 or k7 fit as these are pretty common compared to the new model k30?
I note the slight difference to the kr noted in previous post and would prefer the whole screen is covered.
08-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #26
Site Supporter
loco's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,841
Original Poster
Another update in case anyone is interested. ... Acmaxx now has a protector specifically designed for the K-30. I got mine off eBay. The fit is perfect, covers the whole screen. It is a very nice looking protector, looks like it came with the camera. I highly recommend it since I used an Acmaxx for the K-r and it protected the screen beautifully and never actually got scratched itself. If you go with Acmaxx, make sure you get the one that says it's for the K-30, not the K-r or the generic 3" one.
08-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #27
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 117
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Another update in case anyone is interested. ... Acmaxx now has a protector specifically designed for the K-30. I got mine off eBay. The fit is perfect, covers the whole screen. It is a very nice looking protector, looks like it came with the camera. I highly recommend it since I used an Acmaxx for the K-r and it protected the screen beautifully and never actually got scratched itself. If you go with Acmaxx, make sure you get the one that says it's for the K-30, not the K-r or the generic 3" one.
Thanks, just ordered. I hope this was the right one.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d?r
08-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #28
Site Supporter
loco's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,841
Original Poster
That's the same one I got.
08-09-2012, 01:14 AM   #29
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 117
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
That's the same one I got.
Excellent. thanks.
08-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #30
Pentaxian
MegaPower's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hong Kong / Irvine, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 562
I think the K5 K7 has the same size as the K30.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
acmaxx, k-30, k-50, lcd, pentax k30, pentax k50, protector, screen
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LCD Screen Protector for K-5 mcook Pentax K-5 17 07-14-2012 11:15 PM
K5 LCD protector Longliner Pentax K-5 32 04-17-2012 06:58 PM
LCD Screen Protector for K-5 apac Pentax K-5 22 12-10-2011 02:18 PM
What lcd screen protector do you use? Balog Pentax K-5 45 04-04-2011 10:07 PM
LCD screen protector Tony3d Pentax DSLR Discussion 9 10-26-2010 01:48 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:50 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top