Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

That sucks, metalmania. I have an Acmaxx ordered and hope it doesn't share the same fate.... Glad you're getting a replacement. My K-30 should arrive today and Acmaxx should arrive today or tomorrow.... I'll let you guys know how it fits.

08-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just wanted to follow up on this. My K-30 arrived and I checked the Acmaxx 3" protector and it does fit. It does not go all the way to the edges of the LCD, however it does easily cover the area where there is actual display. If you turn the camera on and view a photo, you can see the area that needs to be covered. You can actually fit the Acmaxx on top of the area that says "Digital Single Lens Reflex Pentax".

If you want a protector that will fit over the entire glass, this one is a tiny bit too small.
08-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #18
NKK
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
+1 for GGS, using it on my K-5.
Great for not having to be so "scared" of scratches
08-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #19

I am using Hercules brand with the model for the Sony A900 on my K-30. As I wanted the protector to cover the outer edges of the LCD so dust will not come in. I had that mistake in my K-x were i only had the glass part covered and not the edges. The result was dust went in to the LCD, it had 3 annoying specks of dust that I just try to ignore.

08-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drivingback Quote
I am using Hercules brand with the model for the Sony A900 on my K-30. As I wanted the protector to cover the outer edges of the LCD so dust will not come in. I had that mistake in my K-x were i only had the glass part covered and not the edges. The result was dust went in to the LCD, it had 3 annoying specks of dust that I just try to ignore.
Could you please provide information for any web link or shop in Manila?
08-05-2012, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #21

I'm actually based here in Singapore now. So I bought it in one of the shops here. Here is their website although the particular model for the Sony A900 is not showing.

LCD Screen Protector - Sgcamerastore.com :: Professional Photography Accessories / Videography Equipments / Studio Lightings / Studio Kits / Studio Equipments - (Powered by CubeCart)

In this photo of my K-30 you can see that it covers the outer edges of the LCD.

While on my K-x, the screen protector I used is the same brand although the model is the one meant for the K-x which only covers the illuminated area of the LCD.

08-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drivingback Quote
I'm actually based here in Singapore now. So I bought it in one of the shops here. Here is their website although the particular model for the Sony A900 is not showing.

LCD Screen Protector - Sgcamerastore.com :: Professional Photography Accessories / Videography Equipments / Studio Lightings / Studio Kits / Studio Equipments - (Powered by CubeCart)

In this photo of my K-30 you can see that it covers the outer edges of the LCD.

While on my K-x, the screen protector I used is the same brand although the model is the one meant for the K-x which only covers the illuminated area of the LCD.
Great info, thanks. I'll look for similar here in HK.

08-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #23
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
Great info, thanks. I'll look for similar here in HK.
so do I. Any idea where?
08-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So, if you guys come up with a link for this Hercules thing, please post it! Thanks!
08-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #25

Do glass screens for the k5 or k7 fit as these are pretty common compared to the new model k30?
I note the slight difference to the kr noted in previous post and would prefer the whole screen is covered.
08-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Another update in case anyone is interested. ... Acmaxx now has a protector specifically designed for the K-30. I got mine off eBay. The fit is perfect, covers the whole screen. It is a very nice looking protector, looks like it came with the camera. I highly recommend it since I used an Acmaxx for the K-r and it protected the screen beautifully and never actually got scratched itself. If you go with Acmaxx, make sure you get the one that says it's for the K-30, not the K-r or the generic 3" one.
08-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Another update in case anyone is interested. ... Acmaxx now has a protector specifically designed for the K-30. I got mine off eBay. The fit is perfect, covers the whole screen. It is a very nice looking protector, looks like it came with the camera. I highly recommend it since I used an Acmaxx for the K-r and it protected the screen beautifully and never actually got scratched itself. If you go with Acmaxx, make sure you get the one that says it's for the K-30, not the K-r or the generic 3" one.
Thanks, just ordered. I hope this was the right one.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d?r
08-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's the same one I got.
08-09-2012, 01:14 AM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
That's the same one I got.
Excellent. thanks.
08-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #30
Veteran Member

I think the K5 K7 has the same size as the K30.