Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
Forum Member

K-30 questions

Trying to set the interval timer to start at a certain time. I have double checked the camera time but can NOT get it to start taking pictures at said time. I think I've done everything the way the manual says but possibly not. Once I make the settings do I have to highlight the Start Shooting button?

Anyone want to staighten me out on this step by step?

Also,

Is it possible to use the wired remote for 3sec delay cause it fires when I push the remote button ? Or, do I have to invest in the infrared remote?

Thanks,

Brian

07-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
On the K-5 you have to highlight that Start Shooting button and press OK. Then it says to press the shutter button to start.
It's likely to be the same on the K-30 so you should give that a try.
07-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got a rather inexpensive wired remote from DealExtreme that does the interval timing and is fairly sophisticated. Can't recall immediately what it cost but the review is here:
Neewer EZa Remote Control C1 Model aka "RS-60E3 Comaptible LCD Timer" reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
07-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
On the K-5 you have to highlight that Start Shooting button and press OK. Then it says to press the shutter button to start.
It's likely to be the same on the K-30 so you should give that a try.
I did try that but got nothing..........at least this time it showed Start on a black screen but no firing. Tried it once more doing the exact same thing and it worked this time.

Hopefully, it will do it when i need it

07-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I got a rather inexpensive wired remote from DealExtreme that does the interval timing and is fairly sophisticated. Can't recall immediately what it cost but the review is here:
Neewer EZa Remote Control C1 Model aka "RS-60E3 Comaptible LCD Timer" reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
So, the Pentax remote doesn't work with the 3 sec delay? I don't want it for interval necessarily, just to have a few seconds for the shutter to fire.
01-05-2013, 04:18 AM   #6

I think I have a related question.
I just saw this torturial:
HDR Time Lapse Work Flow For Mac Or Pc

How do I setup my Pentax K-30 to take a picture every 1 second preferable? So that I can take HDR movies?
Is it even possible?
Tried looking around a few things without luck.

Hope you can help, tyvm

Last edited by Frej Adamsen; 01-05-2013 at 03:36 PM.
01-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleRed Quote
So, the Pentax remote doesn't work with the 3 sec delay? I don't want it for interval necessarily, just to have a few seconds for the shutter to fire.
Yes it does. In the 'drive mode' menu (right arrow button) when you select the remote you have a choice of either instant or 3 second delay. The 3 second delay also does the mirror lock up. When you press the remote the mirror will immediately lift but the shutter will only open 3 seconds later.
01-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Frej Adamsen Quote
How do I setup my Pentax K-30 to take a picture every 1 second preferable?
Have a read of pages 123 and 124 of the manual.

01-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by curlednoodles Quote
Have a read of pages 123 and 124 of the manual.
Awesome, ty