Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BNIB K-30 w/18-55 $699 - Denver Craigslist

Another deal I stumbled upon on Craigslist, probably Denver area only though.
PENTAX K-30 DSLR NEW CAMERA

08-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
probably stolen...
08-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vasyl Quote
probably stolen...
That was my first thought too.
08-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
That was my first thought too.
My thoughts too, initially. But if you search his phone number on Denver CL, he has other cheap/expensive items for sale,.
Google is also coming up with that number associated with his name and an Elevator Co....so, not exactly sure what the "deal" is?

08-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
My thoughts too, initially. But if you search his phone number on Denver CL, he has other cheap/expensive items for sale,.
Google is also coming up with that number associated with his name and an Elevator Co....so, not exactly sure what the "deal" is?
So, he's either:

A. A fence for stolen merchandise.
B. A drug dealer who takes stolen items in trade.
C. A thief selling things he's stolen.
08-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
So, he's either:

A. A fence for stolen merchandise.
B. A drug dealer who takes stolen items in trade.
C. A thief selling things he's stolen.

D. All of the above
08-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Doesn't Pentax USA have some operations in Colorado? I wonder if that figures into the story?

Or maybe he's somebody who saw the great price from Pentax Singapore and couldn't resist pulling the trigger, and then got in trouble when his signifcant other found out, and now has to get rid of it quickly. (Not that I've ever been in a situation like that )

Since it says he'll have it by 8/7/12, it sounds like it is being shipped right now.

Or some wild speculation, maybe he's an Amazon "vine voice" member, who sells the free items before opening them and makes up the review, or finds some other way to test it without opening the free one.

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 08-04-2012 at 06:47 PM.
08-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
Doesn't Pentax USA have some operations in Colorado? I wonder if that figures into the story?

Or maybe he's somebody who saw the great price from Pentax Singapore and couldn't resist pulling the trigger, and then got in trouble when his signifcant other found out, and now has to get rid of it quickly. (Not that I've ever been in a situation like that )

Since it says he'll have it by 8/7/12, it sounds like it is being shipped right now.

Or some wild speculation, maybe he's an Amazon "vine voice" member, who sells the free items before opening them and makes up the review, or finds some other way to test it without opening the free one.
My initial thought would be stolen, but like Edgar mentioned, he says when he'll have it... which leads me to thinking that maybe he ordered it when he had the money for it. Now, something comes up and he needs the money. Could be possible... but then K57XR brings up that he has other cheap/expensive things for sale; which shifts my thoughts towards Tom's.

Has anyone emailed this guy/gotten his name? I like to google search people from craigslist that I communicate with.

08-04-2012, 09:04 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

Where in the world would you even be able to steal a K-30 from in North America? I bet Pentax doesn't have much of a shoplifting problem around here!
08-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I texted the guy, he said he "won it" but that's all he would say as the background. He said he doesn't have the camera right now, but would have it late next week. Weird...

Probably one of the guys that wants to meet you behind a McDonalds lol.
08-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dmbaile2 Quote
I texted the guy, he said he "won it" but that's all he would say as the background. He said he doesn't have the camera right now, but would have it late next week. Weird...

Probably one of the guys that wants to meet you behind a McDonalds lol.
If he did win it, like he said (I'm not saying he's lying, but I'm not completely sure I would trust him) there are two possibilities that I know of where he could have won it from:

1: K-30 product tour- there will be one grand prize winner of a K-30- but that wasn't supposed to be announced until August 9th... unless they announced it early
2: Rockies Photo Day | Facebook (scroll down till you get to the description under all the photos)
It was in Colorado and it took place a good few days before the ad was posted on CL.

If either of these are the case, then I wonder why he's in such a hurry to sell it... hmm
08-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote

Pentax US headquarter is here in Denver. What kind of hardware operation they have (if even), that I'm not sure? If he bought it in Singapore, what he's asking for he won't have much profit room, at least for what the K-30 is going for right now.

QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
If he did win it, like he said (I'm not saying he's lying, but I'm not completely sure I would trust him) there are two possibilities that I know of where he could have won it from:

1: K-30 product tour- there will be one grand prize winner of a K-30- but that wasn't supposed to be announced until August 9th... unless they announced it early
2: Rockies Photo Day | Facebook (scroll down till you get to the description under all the photos)
It was in Colorado and it took place a good few days before the ad was posted on CL.

If either of these are the case, then I wonder why he's in such a hurry to sell it... hmm
His other items on CL are Jamo and Energy speakers which aren't cheap brands. They too are advertised as BNIB...unless he's one lucky guy and wins all these stuff
If he was in the K-30 tour then he's probably a Pentax enthusiast and more than likely a member of this forum in which case, why didn't he post his ad here? If it's a "legit" BNIB K-30 for that prize here in the market place...I can see locusts descending on it! I Google it and the number/name combo he has on CL did come up on CU-Boulder website and associated with what appear to be a legit email address from an Elevator Company here in Denver..."hmmmm" is correct!

@dmbaile2 - behind McD.... That reminds me of that "White Van Scam" back in the 90's!