Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #1

Student Made K-30 Catalog Needing Images

Hey there guys, I am not sure if this is in the right place on the forums, but I am pursuing a degree in digital photography and I'm working on a nifty product catalog for the Pentax K-30 in my digital pre-press class. Now I work retail, and I know what these things are, usually mocked up images, exaggerated effects and a whole lot of cool product shots.

The product shots are taken care of since Pentax has a press page but I would like to make a wanted list out there. Seeing as these products guides are usually about 20 pages- and my class requires 29, I'd like to do a few spreads on some DA* glass. Now I have some of these lenses, but I do not have a K-30 and thus, I would feel like cheating if I used my K-r or K-5. So this is where you guys come in!

I'd like to see some mighty handsome shots with minimal/mostly in-camera processing. I'm currently working on spreads for the 16-50 DA*, the 100 DFA WR Macro, and the 50-135 DA*. Lets see what you guys can come up with. Go on and post them and if they look promising for my needs, I'll private message you here on the forums for the file and exif data.

I should note, I am a student making a fake- albeit good looking product guide for the K-30. This will not be for profit and of course you will retain your full rights to your images and I will accompany your copyright info right there with exposure information all the way to the printed page.

What say you, Pentax forums? If you guys are interested, I could come up with a few varied settings so that not all the shots are at ISO 100, standard color mode, etc.

08-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I only have the 100 among those lenses, just went outside a few minutes ago and took these, no added PP. They aren't that great, but you can use them if you want.