Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2012, 03:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photo masterpieces

You probably expect to see some of my photos of the masterpieces in this topic? I have to disappoint you. After a month use of the new camera K-30 them I have not. So I would like to see your photo masterpieces. I say absolutely seriously, because I had thought that this camera is not designed to produce photo masterpieces.

I read sometime this camera is any better than one old model Pentax. I also read this camera is any better than the other old model Pentax. I can say that K-30 is better than my old K20D.
K-30 is very easy to use. Some pictures just delightful. Some reviews are delightful too.
But I'm on the other.
I would like to see your photo masterpieces. Please at least one shot.

08-10-2012, 04:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. A.S. Quote
After a month use of the new camera K-30 them I have not. So I would like to see your photo masterpieces. I say absolutely seriously, because I had thought that this camera is not designed to produce photo masterpieces.
Glad you found this out. The K30 is NOT designed to produce photo 'masterpieces'. That is the photographers job.
08-10-2012, 04:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
As far as I know photographers on Mars has not yet been. But the photos are masterpieces.

QuoteOriginally posted by psychdoc Quote
The K30 is NOT designed to produce photo 'masterpieces'.
I think too.
08-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Certainly no masterpieces, but I did just complete a trip with the K-30 and I'm really pleased with how things turned out. I too much prefer it to my K20D

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/195182-landscape-southland-new-zealand.html

Hope it helps

08-10-2012, 04:55 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

well... I do not produce the Masterpieces, just taking photos and enjoying it, took just over 500 with K-30, very decent camera indeed, there are some:
Pentax K-30 - a set on Flickr
08-10-2012, 05:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
2 FruitLooPs

Nice this one

K20D can take this one too...
I like K20D, but use K-30.

Last edited by Mr. A.S.; 08-10-2012 at 05:10 AM.
08-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
Veteran Member

As far as I know photographers on Mars has not yet been. But the photos are masterpieces.
Not really. I would have to respectfully disagree. Of course, it also depends on the definition of 'masterpiece' In general, those photos are only worth more than one look because they are from Mars. There are one or two photos that look good because of the perspective. Also:

"The rover sports 12 cameras in all, but the main imaging cameras have measly 2MP sensors. Wait, what? Was NASA trying to discourage the rover from taking too many vacation snapshots?
Malin Space Science Systems' Mike Ravine is the camera project manager for the mission. He told Digital Photography Review, "These designs were proposed in 2004, and you don't get to propose one specification and then go off and develop something else. 2MP with 8GB of flash [memory] didn't sound too bad in 2004. But it doesn't compare well to what you get in an iPhone today."

This all starts to make even more sense when you consider the amount of bandwidth and time needed to transmit data from Mars all the way back to our fair planet. If NASA had packed on the megapixels, it would be much more difficult to get images back in a timely manner".
Why the Mars rover has a measly 2MP camera | Crave - CNET

08-25-2012, 05:59 AM   #8
Veteran Member

The photographer sits at a desk at NASA and presses a remote shutter button. There's a lot of shutter lag
08-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I like this one I took a couple weekends ago.
08-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #10
Site Supporter

And this one
08-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #11
Site Supporter

And this one