Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by letsgoaway Quote
i really really wish the yellow was available here in the US....i would MUCH prefer that one. i found it on ebay but it would come from Japan..I would much prefer to buy it from a US store
It would be cool if those were available here, but if they were, I'm afraid that I would never be able to make up my mind on which color I want.

I don't think I would personally buy a camera from outside the country because then you miss out on the 2 year extended warranty for $20...

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
The finish on my white K-x still looked like new after two years of heavy use and almost 50,000 shutter actuations, so I'm hopeful that my K-30 will hold up as well.

What a beauty!

And that is reassuring to hear about the white color, thanks.

08-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have the black because I bought it with the 18-135 from B&H. I thought about white and was leaning strongly to blue, but I'm happy with the black, I would have been happy with any color with a a camera that performs like the K-30. Some of the colors not available in the US look pretty sharp too.
08-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I have the black because I bought it with the 18-135 from B&H. I thought about white and was leaning strongly to blue, but I'm happy with the black, I would have been happy with any color with a a camera that performs like the K-30. Some of the colors not available in the US look pretty sharp too.
I would definitely buy the blue ( if I could afford one now). I have the bright green k-x which is very eye catching and unique. It has even a great conversation starter. Apparently lots of folks out there have never even heard of Pentax, so it's a good way to educate them. There will always be black cameras, so why not have a little fun when possible?
08-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by absoluteallie Quote
I would definitely buy the blue ( if I could afford one now). I have the bright green k-x which is very eye catching and unique. It has even a great conversation starter.
Is this the same color as your K-x? This is the K-r my brother-in-law bought recently from Wal-Mart online for his first DSLR. Eye catching indeed!

08-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
Is this the same color as your K-x? This is the K-r my brother-in-law bought recently from Wal-Mart online for his first DSLR. Eye catching indeed!
Yep, that's the color! My husband ordered it for me for Christmas a couple years ago. I have no idea where he got it or how much he paid (I don't want to know) but he knew I'd love it, and I do. I also have an 'electric lime green' jeep, do I guess green is kind of my thing. Really, it's a shame Pentax didn't market more in the US. I really think the colors alone would have sold the cameras to a certain segment of people.
08-13-2012, 02:58 AM   #21

I bought the black myself cause it was the only kit include the 18-135 mm wr lens.
I would certainly have bought the white if the 18-135mm lens is in white too.
But after looking at all the colors on Pentax Japan website, I've found that my most favorite color would be this one:

It's just too bad they don't have this color here in the US.
08-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by misbehave Quote
I bought the black myself cause it was the only kit include the 18-135 mm wr lens.
I would certainly have bought the white if the 18-135mm lens is in white too.
But after looking at all the colors on Pentax Japan website, I've found that my most favorite color would be this one:

It's just too bad they don't have this color here in the US.
That's a nice one.

08-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #23
jup

I kinda like my blue one, although it's shiny:

Sorry for the yellowish background. Taken with my trusty old K-x, though its viewfinder now seems like I am in some kind of fog.
08-15-2012, 04:00 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jup Quote

Sorry for the yellowish background. Taken with my trusty old K-x, though its viewfinder now seems like I am in some kind of fog.
Nice looking camera. I am very tempted.
08-15-2012, 04:51 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I feel the same way when I look through my K-r's viewfinder now! I didn't really realize how big of a difference it was until I went back to the K-r to take a picture. Wow! (Sorry to get a bit off topic!)
08-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #26

Nice!

I thought a about buying the blue one too, it would have match my car perfectly.
08-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #27

Photos: Albums
I got mine in Silky (matte) orange, just because it was different. I was also thinking about the yellow, but it didn't appeal to me at all when I actually saw it. If I ever had to buy another, I might go with white next time.
08-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AroundTokyo Quote
I got mine in Silky (matte) orange, just because it was different. I was also thinking about the yellow, but it didn't appeal to me at all when I actually saw it. If I ever had to buy another, I might go with white next time.
Is it a special order in Japan? The Pentax Japan website seems to say that only the Black, Blue, and White are standard and the other colors are special order.

光沢が美しい“クリスタル”系とシックな“シルキー”系。全18カラーからお好きなカラーをお選びください。
ブラック、クリスタルブルー、クリスタルホワイトのレギュラーカラー3色は通常販売、オーダーカラー15色は受注販売です。

System "Silky" chic system and "crystal" is a beautiful luster. Please select a color you like from the 18 full color.
Three regular color Color Black, Crystal Blue, Crystal White is usually sold, 15 color order color orders are sold.

Last edited by Docrwm; 05-06-2013 at 08:13 PM.
08-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #29

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Is it a special order in Japan? The Pentax Japan website seems to say that only the Black, Blue, and White are standard and the other colors are special order.

光沢が美しい“クリスタル”系とシックな“シルキー”系。全18カラーからお好きなカラーをお選びください。
ブラック、クリスタルブルー、クリスタルホワイトのレギュラーカラー3色は通常販売、オーダーカラー15色は受注販売です。

System "Silky" chic system and "crystal" is a beautiful luster. Please select a color you like from the 18 full color.
Three regular color Color Black, Crystal Blue, Crystal White is usually sold, 15 color order color orders are sold.
Yes, apparently so Docrwm. I haven no idea why all the colours aren`t available in other countries. Seems a real pity, as it adds a little fun to our cameras. A lot of compact cameras come in a variety of colours, so it`s about time we "big cameras" caught up.
08-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AroundTokyo Quote
Yes, apparently so Docrwm. I haven no idea why all the colours aren`t available in other countries. Seems a real pity, as it adds a little fun to our cameras. A lot of compact cameras come in a variety of colours, so it`s about time we "big cameras" caught up.
I agree. I believe that Red sold well ouside Japan in the K-r. At least Pentax is bold enough to add White and Blue outside Japan.