Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
07-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Sadly I could only get black with the 18-135 kit. I think I would have preferred white this time.
Life is too short to not get your camera in the color you really want. Sell the black body and buy a white one!

07-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #92
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
Life is too short to not get your camera in the color you really want. Sell the black body and buy a white one!
I'd trade it.
07-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #93

I've gone back to black w/ my K-30 - just got it this week. Got the Storm Trooper K-x when it came out. Then went with the Ferrari Red on K-r. Both x & k were glossy smooth finish - I do like the textured matte black plastic on the K-30.
09-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #94

I am trying to Buy White

I keep ordering White as I am told "Yes we have that in stock" and then I get a call/email. Sorry we haven't got that colour in stock. The money has been in and out of my account for two weeks now. Beyond a joke now I may just flip a coin and take what I can get.

09-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #95
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Culprit Quote
I keep ordering White as I am told "Yes we have that in stock" and then I get a call/email. Sorry we haven't got that colour in stock. The money has been in and out of my account for two weeks now. Beyond a joke now I may just flip a coin and take what I can get.
The K-30 is discontinued, so I would recommend looking at the K-50 (basically the same camera with a few tweaks) if you want to be sure your order will be fulfilled. Also, generally speaking the custom color options are all special order.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #96

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The K-30 is discontinued, so I would recommend looking at the K-50 (basically the same camera with a few tweaks) if you want to be sure your order will be fulfilled. Also, generally speaking the custom color options are all special order.
Thank You Adam, I looked at the K-50 and I put them side by side in dpreview and no difference that I can see. If there is a difference can you please let me know what they are.

Retail in Teds Cameras K-30 $599 v K-50 $820 and K-30 Stock is still available in Australia. The conundrum I face is do I really want white?
09-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #97
Veteran Member

Have you checked on eBay Australia? I just did a search for a Pentax K-30 white, and there are several results, including a new white K-30 body only from Taiwan for $585 and free shipping:

NEW Boxed Pentax K 30 K30 K 30 Camera Only Body White | eBay

It comes with a Japanese 1-year warranty, but the item description says they will pay the return shipping during the warranty period.

09-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #98

Looked at that, the Trouble is I have been burnt with warranty on eBay so I am wary about buying from overseas. I can get Black, Red or Blue for $599 Retail in Melbourne so I may be taking a colour alternative. I am in no hurry and patience looks to be the key.
09-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #99
Veteran Member

Just received my new Red K-30 from Amazon today (body only - $468 no tax or shipping ).
09-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #100
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I bought the black on for reasons I think are valid. A colored camera will get noticed more than a black will be. So for safety sake, I'll stick with the black version.
09-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #101
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I bought the black on for reasons I think are valid. A colored camera will get noticed more than a black will be. So for safety sake, I'll stick with the black version.
That may be a two way street. It could be that people will think that a colored DSLR is less serious than a black one, and therefore less valuable. Do you live in an area with a lot of street crime?
09-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #102
Veteran Member

Well... there's not a whole lot of crime here - and a non traditional (black or silver) camera would stick out like a sore thumb if it was attempting to be hocked locally.
That and the fact that stores don't even stock Pentax in Southern California make it rare. I'm not looking for selling value (I'll probably keep the body till it dies, or give it to my kids).

Similarly if I'm out somewhere on vacation - it won't easily get mixed up with all the typical cameras.
09-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #103

I had a choice between black K-30 with kit lens, blue K-30 without kit, or red K-50 with kit. I went for the blue K-30 and bought the "kit" lens separately. That cost me more money but I think it was worth it to get the colour I wanted. (I think someone was selling lenses that had been liberated from kits; I didn't pay the full 18-135mm price.)

I wanted a coloured camera because I'd like to be under-estimated. I didn't want red because I thought it might be too bright for discreet street photography. It turns out the blue is a bit more noticeable than I'd intended, but it's so gorgeous I don't mind.
09-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #104

Finally purchased my new K-30 camera. After all the stuffing around I obtained a Black one for $400 Delivered to my work by courier. Fired it up last night and now to figure out how to use it. I went from Pentax to Nikon and now back to Pentax.
09-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #105
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
the white with its silver stallion

QuoteOriginally posted by julie Quote
that silver 43 looks realllly nice on it.

same here.

i'd love to see a white k-30 with a silver limited, if anyone has that combo and would like to share a pic, i'd love to see it!
I think, I can still wait for a new flagship silver model, because my silvers are still alright looking mounted on a white K-30.

Name:  IMGP8363.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  417.6 KB